OT - NO POLITICS The New Normal - Hockey meets the dog days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Anybody watch the Snowpiercer TV reboot? Just finishing it now. It sure started off slow but i thought the back half, or slightly more, was VERY strong. Some surprisingly great performances sprinkled in as well

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Spring was canceled.

Now it looks like Summer and Fall will be canceled.

Reports are saying that this "harmless virus hoax" will truly take America into a major pandemic like we haven't seen in America so far.

Still No National Plan, open the schools

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Spring was canceled.

Reports are saying that this "harmless virus hoax" will truly take America into a major pandemic like we haven't seen in America so far.

Dr. Appleby said the man had told his nurse that he attended a Covid party. Just before he died, she said the patient told his nurse: ‘I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.’”

Man, 30, Dies After Attending a ‘Covid Party,’ Texas Hospital Says

Reactions: Spooner st

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Spring was canceled.

I have mentally canceled all of 2020. It is a sad time in the USA. My faith in this country has been shaken.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
One of these days, a plumber or electrician will quote a job and then enter my home a week later to do said job, and he will bring all the required supplies to do the job

today is not that day.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
One of these days, a plumber or electrician will quote a job and then enter my home a week later to do said job, and he will bring all the required supplies to do the job

today is not that day.
One of my best friends is a (very good) contractor. Third generation so he's young but has literally been doing it since he was 12 with his father. Between him, and then his contacts for other types of specialties (electricians, plumbers, etc) my family has always had great luck with this type of stuff. I never realized how lucky we were until seeing your situation.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

today is not that day.

I've been very fortunate with my contractors. If they don't have the required supplies for the job it is because they found something they hadn't anticipated, which is a major hazard of owning a much older building!!!!

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
One of my best friends is a (very good) contractor. Third generation so he's young but has literally been doing it since he was 12 with his father. Between him, and then his contacts for other types of specialties (electricians, plumbers, etc) my family has always had great luck with this type of stuff. I never realized how lucky we were until seeing your situation.

First time using this plumber, as our usual guy has been rather sick. I like the guy and he seems trustworthy. This was a straight forward job, just moving the supply/drain/vent for my kitchen sink over a foot and a half. I tore out all the cabinets and everything. Gave him free reign to cut up whatever floor/wall he needed. You'd think he would bring 20 feet of copper, some flex, and a bucket of pvc. Nope. Didn't bring any pvc fittings.

So he's back tomorrow. Luckily, that doesn't change timelines cuz flooring/cabinets won't start until Wednesday at best.

Reactions: Bocephus86

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Spring was canceled.

Baloney. Summer is only cancelled if you let it be.

I played 18 holes of golf yesterday. Went tubing down river Saturday and had a wonderful cookout on the patio with the family. Perfect summer weekend although I probably drank a little too much on Saturday night.

Be smart, wear a goddamn mask and keep your spacing when you are out in public, take the necessary precautions, but also live your life. Sitting home being depressed is just as dangerous to your health.

Granted, this summer is not the same as previous summers, but it definitely isn't cancelled.

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I flew cross country and didn't catch corona ask me anything

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Writing up my packing list as we leave for vacation early Saturday morning.

Adding "extra face masks, hand sanitizer (car, beach bag, purse, house), Lysol wipes" sure was a first.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I played 18 holes of golf yesterday. Went tubing down river Saturday and had a wonderful cookout on the patio with the family. Perfect summer weekend although I probably drank a little too much on Saturday night.

Be smart, wear a goddamn mask and keep your spacing when you are out in public, take the necessary precautions, but also live your life. Sitting home being depressed is just as dangerous to your health.

Granted, this summer is not the same as previous summers, but it definitely isn't cancelled.

Co-sign. We can't just curl up in the fetal position waiting for a COVID vaccine. Like you said- be smart, wear a mask, do social distancing & then go live your life. I'm taking a page out of my mother's life- she has lived through this plus polio, whooping cough and other epidemics growing up & not only were there no vaccines then there were also no antibiotics and very few other treatment methods that worked on these diseases. You took whatever precautions you could and then you got on with it (your life). I'm not the bravest soul on this planet but I'm not going to let this ruin my life either. If her generation can do it, so can mine.

"Keep calm & carry on" :)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I would like to cancel it.

Good for you that all is going well but it isn't the same for everyone.

Too many refuse to do the social distancing and they refuse to wear masks. There are too many ignorant and selfish people. If everyone would just take the care of doing a few simple things the country would be in far better shape...but NO. The USA looks stupid for being so selfish.

This year sucks for me. I have a small family and haven't and seen them for months. My only kid lives in Calif but usually comes home often as she travels for work . I haven't seen her since Christmas. I haven't seen my sisters for months.

So it is swell that everything is good for you but 2020 can go to hell as far as I am conferned

Reactions: Estlin

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Co-sign. We can't just curl up in the fetal position waiting for a COVID vaccine. Like you said- be smart, wear a mask, do social distancing & then go live your life. I'm taking a page out of my mother's life- she has lived through this plus polio, whooping cough and other epidemics growing up & not only were there no vaccines then there were also no antibiotics and very few other treatment methods that worked on these diseases. You took whatever precautions you could and then you got on with it (your life). I'm not the bravest soul on this planet but I'm not going to let this ruin my life either. If her generation can do it, so can mine.

"Keep calm & carry on" :)
No one is curling up in a fetal position. But too many are not doing what they should to help slow down this virus.

Good Lord.

I am still working every damn day .

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

The bolded is the issue for a large part of this country unfortunately and because of that we are far and away the worst at handling this crisis

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad