Prospect Info: The Nascent 2020 Draft Thread

The Oilers First Draft Pick in 2020 Will Be From Which League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we only have our 1st round pick this yr and after that we don't pick until the 5th round, correct?

Looking like a snoozer 2nd day for the Oil, which I'm okay with considering our current situation.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we only have our 1st round pick this yr and after that we don't pick until the 5th round, correct?

Looking like a snoozer 2nd day for the Oil, which I'm okay with considering our current situation.

There's a conditional 3rd round pick hanging in the balance as part of the Lucic-Neal trade. Neal only needs to score 2 more goals and maintain his current goal lead (10+ goals) over Lucic for it to transfer to the Flames, so it's looking likely that the Oilers won't pick until the 5th round after the 1st pick is done with, yep.

Capfriendly is pretty awesome in breaking it down with what kind of picks you have in any given year:

Edmonton Oilers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
2020 NHL Entry Draft - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: Skolman

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
There's a conditional 3rd round pick hanging in the balance as part of the Lucic-Neal trade. Neal only needs to score 2 more goals and maintain his current goal lead (10+ goals) over Lucic for it to transfer to the Flames, so it's looking likely that the Oilers won't pick until the 5th round after the 1st pick is done with, yep.

Capfriendly is pretty awesome in breaking it down with what kind of picks you have in any given year:

Edmonton Oilers - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
2020 NHL Entry Draft - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Right on, thanks man.

I'm always for BPA in the 1st round, but man do I hope Kenny picks a forward at #31 ;)

Reactions: Aerchon

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
That's extremely high praise. Fascinating. Wish I had seen Rossi play.
I've got him fourth right now and he's not all that far off from 2nd. He really is incredible on both ends of the rink.
Is he any good? Do you like him for the Oilers pick?
Yep! Probably doesn't have the offensive upside to be a first-line forward, but he brings a lot both with and without the puck. Kind of a Podkolzin-esque prospect.

Reactions: Zaddy

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Can anyone tell me a bit more about any of the following prospects? Rodion Amirov, Jacob Perrault, Connor Zary, Dawson Mercer, Mavrik Bourque, and Martin Chromiak.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Yep! Probably doesn't have the offensive upside to be a first-line forward, but he brings a lot both with and without the puck. Kind of a Podkolzin-esque prospect.

That's not a great endorsement in my ears haha.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
That's not a great endorsement in my ears haha.
Haha, I'm not a fan of Podkolzin either, it was more a comparison in the sense that neither have top-line offensive potential but could still become top-6 wingers with solid two-way games.

I think the biggest differences in their games is that Mysak is faster and I think a better passer, but Podkolzin is a lot stronger and grittier.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Haha, I'm not a fan of Podkolzin either, it was more a comparison in the sense that neither have top-line offensive potential but could still become top-6 wingers with solid two-way games.

I think the biggest differences in their games is that Mysak is faster and I think a better passer, but Podkolzin is a lot stronger and grittier.

Mysak is also a better goal scorer imo.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Last edited:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Would Jaden Schwartz be a good comparison?

I think Schwartz is a bit speedier and a better playmaker.

The Rakell comparison is pretty close to perfect, IMO. Solid north-south two-way guy who mainly uses his shot, but every now and then will absolutely undress someone.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Anyone know why Jarvis isn't getting more hype?

He's got 20 more points in 2 less games than Yamo did in his second WHL season right now.

Seems weird that he's basically getting no 1st round hype.

Wow seems like a guy who might be a real steal at the end of the first/early in the 2nd round.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba

Anyone know why Jarvis isn't getting more hype?

He's got 20 more points in 2 less games than Yamo did in his second WHL season right now.

Seems weird that he's basically getting no 1st round hype.

You know why lol, it’s cause he’s small, happens every year.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Would you guys be disappointed if we grabbed another defenseman with our 1st round pick? Schneider, Barron, Poirier, Wallinder etc? Do you think Pulju is shopped at the draft to recoup some picks?
If it was Drysdale or Poirier I’d be fine with it but other than those 2 and Askarov I think it should be a forward.

Puljujarvi will definitely be moved for picks or at least that’s what Holland wants to do.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
This draft has so many good forwards its amazing. Given that we're likely picking in the mid-late teens, I'd be so happy if we walked away with any of Quinn, Mysak, Gunler, Zary, Jarvis, or Perreault.

Can't say I know much about Holloway, Mercer, or Bourque.

I'm hoping we can acquire a very early 2nd for JP, because you just know there will be a high quality forward that drops.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Zion Nybeck now has 66 points in 42 game in Sweden's SuperElit(u20 league). He's 6 points away from having the most ever scored in a SuperElit season.

He's going to be interesting to watch on draft day.

Reactions: Aerrol and Zaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad