Prospect Info: The Nascent 2020 Draft Thread

The Oilers First Draft Pick in 2020 Will Be From Which League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Anyone know why Jarvis isn't getting more hype?

He's got 20 more points in 2 less games than Yamo did in his second WHL season right now.

Seems weird that he's basically getting no 1st round hype.

Basically doubled his output, did anything change with the team?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Zion Nybeck now has 66 points in 42 game in Sweden's SuperElit(u20 league). He's 6 points away from having the most ever scored in a SuperElit season.

He's going to be interesting to watch on draft day.
Nybeck would be one of my top targets if we didn't have Yamamoto.

Very interesting. I thought for sure he would get more attention. Do you think he could be there at 21 (where we are currently slotted)?
Ditto with Jarvis. He could definitely be available for our pick though.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
Quick question about draft order. If we win the division but don't make the conference finals (final four), then our draft order is by points only, and not impacted by winning the division, correct?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Quick question about draft order. If we win the division but don't make the conference finals (final four), then our draft order is by points only, and not impacted by winning the division, correct?

1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)

Reactions: Aerrol

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
  1. The teams that did not qualify for the playoffs the previous season (picks 1–15)
  2. The teams that made the playoffs in the previous season but did not win either their division in the regular season or play in the Conference Finals (picks 16–23 up to 27)
  3. The teams that won their divisions in the previous season but did not play in the Conference Finals (potentially picks 24–27)
  4. The teams that lose in Conference Finals (picks 28 and 29)
  5. The team that was the runner-up in the Stanley Cup Finals (pick 30)
  6. The team that won the Stanley Cup in the previous season (pick 31)

Thanks for the clarity McDNicks17. I don't see us making a ton of noise in the playoffs this year, so count me in for hoping we don't win the division. I really want one more chance at drafting a top 6 forward - hoping for Quinn or Mysak ATM.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Is Jan Mysak bound to the CHL transfer rules or would he be eligible to play in the AHL next season?

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

The U18s potentially being cancelled could have quite an effect on the draft. It is a key tournament for scouts to get viewings on non-North American players, so it could result in the draft being more NA heavy than usual.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We pretty much have just one bullet this draft. Hopefully Holland hits the bulls eye.

2nd(AA), 3rd(Neal), 4th(Green) and 5th(Ennis) all traded away if I recall.

Reactions: nally

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure

Just picture this guy across from McDrai on the PP.

15 goals and 33 points in 23 games since the OHL trade deadline. 80 points in 60 games on the season.

Yeah, his name keeps getting dropped here and some real good things being said about him. I want our scouts to find a goal scorer who can play with 97. So far, I'm going Quinn, Mysak, and Foerster in that order.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
My list right now (separated into tiers):

The bolded are forwards in our range that we could potentially be interested in.

1. Alexis Lafreniere

2. Quinton Byfield
3. Tim Stutzle
4. Marco Rossi
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Lucas Raymond
7. Cole Perfetti
8. Alexander Holtz
9. Anton Lundell

10. Jack Quinn
11. Connor Zary
12. Yaroslav Askarov
13. Noel Gunler
14. Dawson Mercer
15. Jan Mysak
16. William Wallinder

17. Seth Jarvis
18. Rodion Amirov
19. Jake Sanderson
20. Dylan Holloway
21. Jacob Perrault
22. Helge Grans

23. Hendrix Lapierre
24. Zion Nybeck
25. Braeden Schneider
26. Kaiden Guhle
27. Lukas Reichel
28. Emil Andrae
29. Michael Benning
30. Lucas Cormier
31. Jake Neighbours

Just missed the cut: (Carter Savoie, Justin Barron, Tyson Foerster, JJ Peterka)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've heard concern about his skating. Is it an issue?

I'd say he has average NHL skating right now. Sounds like he's got the work ethic to improve though.

I linked this earlier in here, but this is Barrie's Skating Development Coach:

I feel the same way about him as I did Kaliyev where I don't think he relies on his skating enough for it to hold him back.

He's two steps ahead of others because of his hockey sense and beats goalies clean from anywhere with how elite his shot is.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
We pretty much have just one bullet this draft. Hopefully Holland hits the bulls eye.

2nd(AA), 3rd(Neal), 4th(Green) and 5th(Ennis) all traded away if I recall.
5th for Ennis is next years and the Neal pick isn’t gone quite yet, plus Puljujarvi will get us some more bullets

Reactions: Llamamoto49

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
There’s no way Quinn is making past the top 10. If I was Holland and he was still on the board I’d break both legs running to the podium.

He might sneak in at 10th, but I think there's too many better forwards(and Drysdale) for him to go top 10.

Lafreniere, Byfield, Drysdale, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Gunler, Stutzle, Lundell.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
He might sneak in at 10th, but I think there's too many better forwards(and Drysdale) for him to go top 10.

Lafreniere, Byfield, Drysdale, Perfetti, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Gunler, Stutzle, Lundell.
I could see him going ahead of Gunler, who has perceived "attitude issues". I think there's a good chance he manages to fall to our pick.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I just hope wherever we end up drafting we take a forward high on hockey iq that can skate and shoot, size is a plus. Hockey iq is the biggest thing needed to play with our elite centres.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
With how the last draft went i have no idea what Holland will do. Maybe draft a goalie in the first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad