The most underrated players in the NHL

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Steve Mason. He's prone to some big gaffes, but on the whole, he's an excellent goaltender.

Josh Manson. Excellent underlying numbers, very solid defensive defenseman.

Tyler Pitlick has come out of the gate hot after finally getting healthy. Looks like he'll become a valuable complimentary player for the Oilers.

Stephen Johns is developing in a very good two way defenseman for Dallas. Don't see anyone talking about him.

Carl Soderberg is as solid a middle 6 center as there is. Adds a lot to a PP.

Jake Gardiner is a legitimate first pairing defenseman, Leafs fans have been touting him for the last few years but everyone is "LOL Leafs" when his hype is actually legitimate.

Victor Rask. Extremely noticeable every time I watch the Hurricanes. He's developing nicely into an average 1C/elite 2C.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Having just watched Nashville's game, gotta say Calle Jarnkrok is a good player. Very smart.

2nd homer vote goes to Petry ;), he really is underrated.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Zuc and I am saying that despising the Rags. He is fantastic. Not even close for me.

Nicklas Backstrom gets overshadowed by Ovy. He consistently puts up points and plays a great two way game.

Richard Panik. I used to watch him play when he was with the Crunch and loved his game. He never got a fair shot and got bounced around. I'm glad the Hawks are giving him a chance and boy is he ever taking it. He has filthy hands and a physical side.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Jordan Eberle is a much better player than he gets credit for. Starting this season off with a point in all 5 games, he seems to be playing much harder and more physical since Hall got traded.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
*insert name of player from favourite team here*

A lot of the names here really don't belong.

The most underrated player in the entire NHL in ratio of talent level to actual talk about the player, in my opinion, should have to be Jaccob Slavin in Carolina. Unreal young player.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Schneider - amazing sv% and gaa with a pretty meh D core.
Wheeler
Little
Andy Greene
Bergeron
Burns - recognized as a very good player but still under rated IMO
Zuc - even though I cannot stand the Rangers
M.Stone
Killorn
Stepniak
Spezza
Luongo

major major

Feb 18, 2013
On my team: Wennberg

Other teams: Dumo, Perreault, Slavin, Donskoi, etc... Lots of guys.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
*insert name of player from favourite team here*

A lot of the names here really don't belong.

The most underrated player in the entire NHL in ratio of talent level to actual talk about the player, in my opinion, should have to be Jaccob Slavin in Carolina. Unreal young player.

I see a thread Mr. Slavin thread on the main board as we speak.

GermanLeaf

Jun 9, 2011
Alexander Wennberg. I can't believe no one is talking about him, such an intelligent and complete 3-zone-player.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Hjalmarsson absolutely has to be on this list. He might be the best pure defender in the NHL.

I agree with this one. I also like Petry as quietly a great top pair. Garrison and Spurgeon also solid Dmen

stlblues57

Dec 24, 2010
A lot of Blues fans probably won't agree because he was a relatively high draft pick with much higher expectations, but I will throw Patrik Berglund into this conversation. When healthy, he is a monster on the boards and it's become very hard to take the puck from him. I would like to see him score more, but IMO you could do a lot worse as your 3rd line center.

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Underrated by whom? General fans? Management of a team or generally around NHL? HF?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad