The most underrated players in the NHL

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Schneider - amazing sv% and gaa with a pretty meh D core.
Wheeler
Little
Andy Greene
Bergeron
Burns - recognized as a very good player but still under rated IMO
Zuc - even though I cannot stand the Rangers
M.Stone
Killorn
Stepniak
Spezza
Luongo

... many players you mentioned here are not underrated. A lot of people recognise them as being really good, like Schneider, Luongo and Burns.

Jannik Hansen is very underrated though IMO.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
-Stempniak
-Gudas (mainly because everyone thinks he is just a bottom-pair thug but is actually really good at defending and first-pass)
-Henrique

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Need to mention another Canuck--Brandon Sutter.....he's doing it all for VanCity in the early going....scores, kills penalties and wins faceoffs....finally healthy and out from under the shadow of Crosby and Malkin.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
first name from the Wild would be Spurgeon.

First name that comes to mind from another team is Bryan Little.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Ribeiro

say what you will about him, but he's still among the best passers in the league.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Vinny Trocheck on the Panthers. Guy is a pest, good 2 way player, great shot, and speedy all wrapped into one. Oh and hes good at faceoffs. Guy does everything and is easily my favorite panther

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
My Top-10 would look something like:

1.Cam Fowler.
2.David Krejci.
3.David Savard.
4.Adam Henrique.
5.Jannik Hansen.
6.Alex Edler.
7.Bryan Little.
8.Marcus Johansson.
9.Erik Haula.
10.Ryan Suter.

With an honourable mention to Jonathan Toews, though it's an odd one where he somehow appears to be both severely overrated, while also over-publicized to the point where he's often accused of being overrated. :dunno:

SnoopDogg

Gin and Juice
Jan 13, 2016
Buffalo
I think I already posted here but another homer vote for Sam Reinhart, the kid is a stud but won't get the attention he deserves because of Eichel, it also doesn't help how "everybody remembers #1" so he's overshadowed by Ekblad.

Pretty sure he had 23G in his rookie season which is pretty d*** good if you ask me

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
For the Habs, i think it's Jeff Petry. They guy is one of the fastest skater in the league, he moves the puck from end to end and can lay the big hits wile putting up points. He was our best player after Carey when we acquired him for the 2015 playoffs. He really changed our d-squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad