The most underrated players in the NHL

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
As a disclaimer I was going to add Letang and then I read post 19 on this thread and have decided he's the most overrated player ever. The end to that paragraph gave me chills

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
here are a few off the top of my head

stempniak
hjarmlson
krecji
pavelski
vlasic
luongo
alzner
backstrom
little
wheeler

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Draisaitl.

Without that puck-hog dead weight Taylor Hall... his playmaking skills are showing again.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Spezza
Skinner
J.Staal
Fleury
Turris
Barrie

Hall might be underrated too...I saw the last game when he scored two goals and the Devils beat Anaheim 2-1. He was a dynamo. It was quite clear he is on a different level than his teammates. I'm not sayin head and shoulders, but he was doing it all. He was penalty-killing, driving the play, tipping in front of the goalie, creating opportunities, even had one solid hit. He will help the Devils a lot in my opinion.

Last edited:

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
If anything Letang is overrated imo, guy is good but there is a reason he doesn't make Team Canada and never gets put in top 10 dmen lists from the analysts and the advanced stats guys.

Tanev is underrated as he's probably the best defensive dman in the league, with shot suppression stats a mile ahead of anyone else in the league, undervalued because of 0 offence from him.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Another vote for Jeff Petry.

He's awesome.
Trading for him is, to this date, the best move made by Bergevin.

Also, I just wanted to say that Emelin is actually playing like a beast, those days.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Another vote for Jeff Petry.

He's awesome.
Trading for him is, to this date, the best move made by Bergevin.

Also, I just wanted to say that Emelin is actually playing like a beast, those days.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Do not get rid of Emelin.

Agreed about Petry. Not elite at anything, excellent at everything. Such a fluid skater. And that shot. Man can he let it fly.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Cam Talbot.

So many "goalie experts" jumping down his throat for one bad game the week his wife is giving birth to their first children (twins), comes back with two shut down wins including a big one against a top team in St. Louis. No.1 star in two games back to back after a bad outing.

Put up solid numbers behind a depleted, piss poor Oilers blue line last year after two very strong back up seasons in New York, still does not get respect.

I think Alex Edler is also underrated, the Canucks with and without him is a big difference IMO.

entropism

May 8, 2011
New Jersey
Hall might be underrated too...I saw the last game when he scored two goals and the Devils beat Anaheim 2-1. He was a dynamo. It was quite clear he is on a different level than his teammates. I'm not sayin head and shoulders, but he was doing it all. He was penalty-killing, driving the play, tipping in front of the goalie, creating opportunities, even had one solid hit. He will help the Devils a lot in my opinion.

Was at the game, and he was pretty incredible. Saying this as an Isles fan, too.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
The most underrated players in the NHL

My list

1) Anisimov
2) Hamhuis
3) Wheeler
4) Dubnyk
5 ) Del Zotto
6) Clutterbuck
7) Söderberg
8) Radulov
9) Kadri
10) Kreider

And what is your list?

How is Anisimov underrated? Dont get me wrong he is a good player but ive watched him alot both in NY and Columbus and now in Chi and he isnt anything special at all. Only new thing is that he now plays with two of the best offensive players in the league. He has been a low end 2nd line center his whole career. Nothing has changed...

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Draisaitl.

Without that puck-hog dead weight Taylor Hall... his playmaking skills are showing again.

:laugh: Taylor Hall - Deadweight? Don't think so. Hall carried that line last year, Drai was lucky to be riding shotgun. Hall is the among the very elite when it comes to even strength scoring (I believe he is 4th overall over the past several years). Drai is very good but calling Hall deadweight is a farce

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
From my team:

Kadri and Gardiner are by far the most underrated Leafs. Two very, very good players.

League-wide:

Spurgeon, Klefbom, Steve Mason, Goligoksi, Braun, Demers, Ekholm, Justin Williams, Zuccarello, Sam Reinhart, Perreault, Cammalleri, Tatar, Forsberg, Backlund, Voracek, and quite a few more that I just can't remember right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad