May 12, 2015
QC
[NHL][/NHL]

Who is ek65?

1297693168300_ORIGINAL.jpg

Sad Karlsson doesn't approve your post.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Andy Greene although a lot of what he does will not show up statistically.

I dunno, if you asked them, most knowledgable fans would list him as one of the top-5 shutdown D in the league.

The issue is more that shutdown D don't get talked about. I mean the only time talking about a shutdown D becomes exciting is in the context of a playoff series... and uhh...

Well let's just say we Oiler fans can relate.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada

I'm surprised it took this long (p.3) to mention this guy!! Remove him from the Defensive Corp and this team has no one to what he does and he's one of the best in the league at it... IMHO on ME Vlassic is better defensively in the league and he also have an amazing 1st pass

Some other player on here I'm even surprised that their name popped out... (in other words, some ppl are really missing hockey knowledge)

I dunno, if you asked them, most knowledgable fans would list him as one of the top-5 shutdown D in the league.

The issue is more that shutdown D don't get talked about. I mean the only time talking about a shutdown D becomes exciting is in the context of a playoff series... and uhh...

Well let's just say we Oiler fans can relate.

the bolded part above, is because on HFB most fans are about the offense... they dont know **** about defensive players or skills

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How is Anisimov underrated? Dont get me wrong he is a good player but ive watched him alot both in NY and Columbus and now in Chi and he isnt anything special at all. Only new thing is that he now plays with two of the best offensive players in the league. He has been a low end 2nd line center his whole career. Nothing has changed...

Lol, it's exactly why he's underrated.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Steve Mason. He's prone to some big gaffes, but on the whole, he's an excellent goaltender.

Josh Manson. Excellent underlying numbers, very solid defensive defenseman.

Tyler Pitlick has come out of the gate hot after finally getting healthy. Looks like he'll become a valuable complimentary player for the Oilers.

Stephen Johns is developing in a very good two way defenseman for Dallas. Don't see anyone talking about him.

Carl Soderberg is as solid a middle 6 center as there is. Adds a lot to a PP.

Jake Gardiner is a legitimate first pairing defenseman, Leafs fans have been touting him for the last few years but everyone is "LOL Leafs" when his hype is actually legitimate.

Victor Rask. Extremely noticeable every time I watch the Hurricanes. He's developing nicely into an average 1C/elite 2C.

Victor Rask for me as well, impresses every time I've seen him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad