OT: The Menu Part 5 Gritty's Kitchen and Lou's Tavern edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Had farmers keep the other day, actually. Really enjoyed it.

Any good happy hours in that area? I used to know all of them by the old building, but not so sure about this one.

Can't be much help there, I'm afraid. I have a long commute, so I'm almost always in a rush.

Reactions: Starat327

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
The hot dog stuff was me EDUCATING people about the FACT that hot dogs are sandwiches.

The mustard debate was a bunch of people saying mustard was unacceptable as a food topping and then we all listed our favorite condiments.
That's crazy especially in Philly you got your hot dogs assorted sausages soft pretzels and I even like a little bit of spicy Brown on a pork sandwich with broccoli rabe

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
I can't wait for this,

Top Gun 2

I really don't want to to rain on your parade Lou but I really, really hope that wasn't the actual trailer but a fan made trailer because it looked bad. And I am looking forward to this movie in a big way. I grew up near Oceana Naval Air Station in Va and probably saw the first Top Gun in theaters 15 times (no exaggeration) so I am hoping that a sequel 30 years on is worthy.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
I am going to put forth, for the board's discussion/flaming, what the kids today may call a "hot take" but it is something I believe with every fiber of my being regarding Reese's Peanut Butter Cups:

First, it should be pronounced the way it reads, "REESus". Period end of story. People (adults, I give kids a pass to a certain age) who say "REE-SEE" cups should not be allowed to buy, let alone enjoy the deliciousness that are peanut butter cups.

Also, Reese's Pieces are gross, taste nothing like peanut butter cups and don't deserve the name Reese's attached to it. I 'll even go one further and say Peanut Butter M&M's are FAR superior.

Phew, I feel better now, that's been bugging me for a while

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I am going to put forth, for the board's discussion/flaming, what the kids today may call a "hot take" but it is something I believe with every fiber of my being regarding Reese's Peanut Butter Cups:

First, it should be pronounced the way it reads, "REESus". Period end of story. People (adults, I give kids a pass to a certain age) who say "REE-SEE" cups should not be allowed to buy, let alone enjoy the deliciousness that are peanut butter cups.

Also, Reese's Pieces are gross, taste nothing like peanut butter cups and don't deserve the name Reese's attached to it. I 'll even go one further and say Peanut Butter M&M's are FAR superior.

Bad post

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

We may like PB cups in our household...but have be been trying to be good noodles!
image.jpg

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY

I totally agree with the pronunciation issue. It's not spelled "Reesie's" so don't say it that way, you mongoloid.

I do love them pieces though. But my intestines HATE them. Peanut Butter M&Ms are also fantastic. Someone gave me a bag of plain Christmas M&Ms and I still haven't opened them because it's like having sprinkles with nothing to put them on.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I really don't want to to rain on your parade Lou but I really, really hope that wasn't the actual trailer but a fan made trailer because it looked bad. And I am looking forward to this movie in a big way. I grew up near Oceana Naval Air Station in Va and probably saw the first Top Gun in theaters 15 times (no exaggeration) so I am hoping that a sequel 30 years on is worthy.

I'm not sure if it's the offical trailer, but it's a trailer. It's better than nothing.

I'm shocked that Viper is still alive and in this 2nd movie. I'm Making lasgna tonight. I'll have photos later

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

CoffeeNut M&Ms>>> all other M&Ms.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

I unironically say reesies peesies and, boy, does it annoy the ever-living f*** out of everyone

I’m not sorry, though.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
What's in it, looks like rice, beef, looks kinda like something you see at chipolte
French fries, sirloin steak, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, with soy sauce poured all over that and jasmine rice on the side. It’s a Peruvian dish from the joint where I work and it’s delicious. It’s like chiptole, but better, and it won’t give me E Coli.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So I’m still going low carb diet, down over 50 now, no big deal :)

I’ve been making homemade pizzas with Fat Head dough. f*** me its a game changer, and it is better than regular crust.

Mozza cheese, cream cheese, egg and almond flour, and that’s it. So freaking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino