OT: The Menu Part 5 Gritty's Kitchen and Lou's Tavern edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Theres also no reason to classify things that arent alike as the same thing. Foods arent animals (well, i guess they can be), they dont need to be classified to represent their distant cousins because of genetic traits. Theres no zoology equivalent of food (or jesus, i surely hope not. For all the good fun we are having on this board with this topic... if this is someones job....), Lets just let the hot dogs live. maaaaannnn.

THEY LIVE AS SANDWICHES

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
THEY LIVE AS SANDWICHES

Keep it up Beef, and you'll become a part of this discussion in a more intimate manner than you had hoped.

cutslices.jpg

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
For what it's worth in the sandwich discussion...I do believe the term "hamburger sandwich" was, in fact, a thing back in the day. It may have been a regional thing like the whole "coke, soda, pop" but it was there.

EDIT: BTW "soda" is the correct terminology in my world. I will also accept "coke" because that is the way it was where I grew up.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
For what it's worth in the sandwich discussion...I do believe the term "hamburger sandwich" was, in fact, a thing back in the day. It may have been a regional thing like the whole "coke, soda, pop" but it was there.

EDIT: BTW "soda" is the correct terminology in my world. I will also accept "coke" because that is the way it was where I grew up.
*throwing a flag on the field* Language Foul - Calling non-Coke carbonated beverages Cokes. 15 yard penalty, first down.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
@garnetpalmetto is responsible for the handy image.

Welcome to the thread now. We are discussing boiled sandwiches.

Hello HFFlyers. I can't claim credit for the image itself, just bringing it to Beef's attention.

The choco taco being a sandwich is my personal favorite.

Also, what the flying **** is a chip butty?

Chip butty - Wikipedia

A chip butty is a sandwich made with chips (i.e., French fried potatoes) on buttered white bread or a bread roll, often with an added condiment, such as brown sauce, mayonnaise, or malt vinegar.[1][2][3][4][5] The chip butty can be found in fish and chip shops and other casual dining establishments in the United Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad