OT: The Menu Part 5 Gritty's Kitchen and Lou's Tavern edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So I’m still going low carb diet, down over 50 now, no big deal :)

I’ve been making homemade pizzas with Fat Head dough. **** me its a game changer, and it is better than regular crust.

Mozza cheese, cream cheese, egg and almond flour, and that’s it. So freaking good.
You would not have approved of my

1/4 pounder blt
Fries
6 nuggets
Root beer

...meal from yesterday.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So I’m still going low carb diet, down over 50 now, no big deal :)

I’ve been making homemade pizzas with Fat Head dough. **** me its a game changer, and it is better than regular crust.

Mozza cheese, cream cheese, egg and almond flour, and that’s it. So freaking good.

Are you doing keto? I am fine on the part about carbs and proteins (a la Atkins), but I'm not sure about what to do with the fats - how much you need, where to find them best, etc. And I would rather have someone tell me here than read another website about it, because it makes my eyes bleed.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
We made Taco soup this past week
2 chicken breasts
One onion
15 oz can of black beans
15 oz can of kidney beans
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon of Cumin
1 teaspoon of chili powder
One 20 oz can of Rotel(your choice of how spicy.
1 pack of McCormick Taco seasoning
1/2 cup water

Recommended way is cook in a pressure cooker or instapot.
Choose manual mode
Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes
Release pressure naturally
Shred chicken and put back in instapot/ pressure cooker
Serve and profit

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Is chili served in a breadbowl a sandwich? Didn't want to clog the GDT with sandwich discussion.

IMG_0364.GIF

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Are you doing keto? I am fine on the part about carbs and proteins (a la Atkins), but I'm not sure about what to do with the fats - how much you need, where to find them best, etc. And I would rather have someone tell me here than read another website about it, because it makes my eyes bleed.

I couldn't do Keto. Too weird for me..buttering up bacon and putting in it coffee? Lol

Best bet is "whole30" guideline.

I'm not a heavy person (I'm 6'3 and was 215) but dropped 21 pounds in 3 weeks with no exercise routine simultaneously. My weight loss was 25 pounds in the 30 days. My body fat was around 8%.

Reason I liked it was no measuring and it was logical to me.

If you have any questions, ask away.

IMG_0365.PNG

IMG_0366.PNG
IMG_0367.JPG

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Is chili served in a breadbowl a sandwich? Didn't want to clog the GDT with sandwich discussion.

If in a reg bowl or plate or on a hot dog bun then chili dog.

the minute you put it on a bun with the top you then have sloppy joes. in order for the word sandwich term to be used a solid piece of meat must be on it.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I have standard hot wings pretty set (butter, hot sauce, some ketchup). I'm looking for different things, like asian zing, garlic Parmesan, dry rubs, etc.
Honey Sriracha sauce is delicious and as easy as it gets. Start with 4 parts honey to 1 part Sriracha and adjust with more Sriracha for spice. I use it on wings/tenders and stir fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad