The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Mitigating risk is cool, it's a mindset my current job has been beating into me for a decade.

Having people want to pay me without understanding my job is a huge upgrade. Currently, every time there is management turnover in a DOT, we have a problem where we are not understood and they do not want to pay us. And then the local office has to scream their heads off. I don't think the bigwigs ever do come to understand what we do, they just understand that paying us the meager amount we require is a good way to make the ops center shut up.

I suspect this is how it is for many now and it's sad.

The truth of it is that we're both necessary and marketing now. Some shops will hire you just to have a guy or fill a requirement for dept size, but you can identity those in less than a week, establish your salary, and be out the door in a year. That year will be miserable to be sure, but you can make that time work for you going forward.

Also, it has reached hard liquor time.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

The truth of it is that we're both necessary and marketing now. Some shops will hire you just to have a guy or fill a requirement for dept size, but you can identity those in less than a week, establish your salary, and be out the door in a year. That year will be miserable to be sure, but you can make that time work for you going forward.

What time does happy hour end? I may be able to make it if I drive really, really fast.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What time does happy hour end? I may be able to make it if I drive really, really fast.

Listen, you. I have a vodka with a bottle shaped like a skull, filtered through diamonds, made by a company owned by Dan Aykroyd, and I’m not afraid to use it.

You would not believe the things people bring over. It is now time to try this finally.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

What kind?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Do you not know about Crystal Skull?

Dan Aykroyd is completely bonkers and he believes his vodka is actually magical, no joke. But credit where it's due, it is actually really good vodka. And the bottle is fantastic.

This reminds me of the tequila bottles I would find in LA that were in luchador mask bottles.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You have WHAT?!?

nj4fd9Xr.jpg

I can confirm that this is good. It appears to be the regular Crystal Skull vodka.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I used Christmas money to get a handle of Bombay Sapphire recently. I think I'll use the rest to get some rum and Luksusowa vodka.

Luksusowa is my vodka go-to these days. Affordable but quite good. It's a Polish potato vodka so it has a different flavor to it relative to grain vodkas.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Snapchat-1422232189.jpg

Day 1 of quarantine

Turkish style seasoned chicken served over garlic rice, with fresh (and slapped!) cilantro, diced cucumbers and tomatoes and red onion finished with fresh lemon juice and drizzled with a lemon sour cream.

Edit: finished product

Snapchat-1233388080.jpg

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Lettuce UNDER the burger patty. Hmmm. That how they do things up north?
No....and my OCD is bothered by my own picture...lol.

The damn wife put it there even though she has been told repeatedly that EVERYTHING goes on top. And it goes in the order of white, red, green, white red green yellow.....as that's the Wendy's way.

(Mayo, ketchup, pickle, onion, tomato, lettuce...then yellow on the meat if no cheese is present, on the cheese if it is)

oh...and I had to move the lettuce before eating it. can't have hamburger juices going onto and dripping off the lettuce. That's what the dry bottom bun is for...to soak up the juices AND to stop the meat from "sliding" when you bite it. Meat should always go on the dry bun. Just talking this out makes me feel better for what I did and hopefully I help others...lol.

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
No....and my OCD is bothered by my own picture...lol.

The damn wife put it there even though she has been told repeatedly that EVERYTHING goes on top. And it goes in the order of white, red, green, white red green yellow.....as that's the Wendy's way.

(Mayo, ketchup, pickle, onion, tomato, lettuce...then yellow on the meat if no cheese is present, on the cheese if it is)

oh...and I had to move the lettuce before eating it. can't have hamburger juices going onto and dripping off the lettuce. That's what the dry bottom bun is for...to soak up the juices AND to stop the meat from "sliding" when you bite it. Meat should always go on the dry bun. Just talking this out makes me feel better for what I did and hopefully I help others...lol.

I vouch for this methodology.

Your wife knows how to plate a burger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: