The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I admit, after making it, it was missing something and called my mom as she makes great chowder. Her answer was to add more pepper, a bit of hot sauce, and half a cup of real butter. And like a miracle, it was perfect! I also did a slurry with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to help thicken it up.

It was fantastic and I made enough to give us 9 bowls of it. I made it on Monday while the wife was getting her kidney stone zapped so had it ready when they got home at 2. But after 2 days of all those flavours sitting together, it was even better today. Which seems to always be the case with a chowder or soup.
When in doubt, add more butter. Great mantra to follow in life. That's essentially the secret to the winningest chowder from Chowderfest. More butter!

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As promised....donairs for supper! So F'ing good!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Speaking as someone who worked entirely too long in the burrito sweatshop known as Moes, that there is an elite wrap on the burrito. Well done.

Ehhh, it was about 7 out of 10. The one half started to come a bit loose. The more I use the air fryer, the more wraps I make, the better my wrap game will get.

The key is the first tuck/fold

What's your thoughts on Zaxby's?

Rate the three

Bojangles
Zaxby's
Cookout

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Ehhh, it was about 7 out of 10. The one half started to come a bit loose. The more I use the air fryer, the more wraps I make, the better my wrap game will get.

The key is the first tuck/fold

What's your thoughts on Zaxby's?

Rate the three

Bojangles
Zaxby's
Cookout
I've never been to Zaxby's. Why would I need to go there when Bojangles exists?

Cookout is great (I could drink cheerwine floats alllll dayyy longgg), you can get ludicrous amounts of food for very little money, but see my last post here. Bo's was my go to meal for my first non homemade meal in three months. The fry seasoning is the best damn thing on this planet.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I've never been to Zaxby's. Why would I need to go there when Bojangles exists?

Cookout is great (I could drink cheerwine floats alllll dayyy longgg), you can get ludicrous amounts of food for very little money, but see my last post here. Bo's was my go to meal for my first non homemade meal in three months. The fry seasoning is the best damn thing on this planet.
I never heard of cookout until last week. I was told they are pretty good and they have like 40 different milk shake flavors

I've passed Bojangles plenty of times but have never been. I'll change that next time.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Surrounded By Ahos

Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I never heard of cookout until last week. I was told they are pretty good and they have like 40 different milk shake flavors

I've passed Bojangles plenty of times but have never been. I'll change that next time.
Yeah, Cookout is great for it's sheer variety. A cookout tray will never leave you hungry. I'm annoyed I can't find a pic of the menu with a decent resolution.

s_74d18e47-2238-4d02-945d-ed480e1ab5f5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad