The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Also Pennsylvania is closing all liquor stores. Drove by a couple on the way home and it was the day before thanksgiving times 2356.

you may ask I don’t even know what that is.

Nobody does...

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
20200314_214435.jpg

Damn that's a beautiful beer.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
We're cleaning out the leftovers company brought again. This is not bad enough to be offensive and nowhere near good. I do not look forward to later in the week when I open one of the other 2 after having completely forgot I even tried it.

KGPUmz5r.jpg

@Starat327 Yes, I know what time it is. Please kill me.

Haha. Atco stuff tends to be half decent but never great.

As for timing - I was at the office at 6. I'm still working. I have emergency readiness and response calls scheduled until 930pm. Probably just overreactions, though (sorry. I couldn't resist).

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Haha. Atco stuff tends to be half decent but never great.

As for timing - I was at the office at 6. I'm still working. I have emergency readiness and response calls scheduled until 930pm. Probably just overreactions, though (sorry. I couldn't resist).

Wait, you're still physically in? The mandate from Kenney today has to at least put you on remote, right?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Luckily, no. This is a different beer despite my Edit giving me away. Instead a Senior InfoSec Exec can't properly Copy and Paste. Like I said, you joined the right industry.

I often have a crisis of confidence, feeling overwhelmed trying to absorb all this info. I wonder if I can really make it or if the whole endeavor will be a failure.

Then I read stuff about how an access problem is solved by telling people to stop leaving some password on a sticky note on a monitor and I think "actually maybe I can do this."

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
She made burritos from scratch, so I needed something refreshing. Not sure this even qualifies as a beer, but it definitely tastes like mango.

UWunpQWr.jpg

Are we getting drunk JoJo tonight? I'd love to catch up on those posts once I'm done analyzing and parsing 1.6 million lines of sales data to come up with buying patterns for the next 8 weeks.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Are we getting drunk JoJo tonight? I'd love to catch up on those posts once I'm done analyzing and parsing 1.6 million lines of sales data to come up with buying patterns for the next 8 weeks.

Speaking of sales, a friend of mine sells hypervisor software. The other division of his little section sells and helps set up the hardware side.

His boss insists they must ALL be in the office; it is necessary. Because so many people want to buy their wares.

I asked if his boss has the slightest idea what their products do. He is no longer sure.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I often have a crisis of confidence, feeling overwhelmed trying to absorb all this info. I wonder if I can really make it or if the whole endeavor will be a failure.

Then I read stuff about how an access problem is solved by telling people to stop leaving some password on a sticky note on a monitor and I think "actually maybe I can do this."

Those crises never go away. At some point you realize perfection may be the edict from above, but it's not the goal. You have to design systems to fail well and your days are spent mitigating risk.

Then you read about Giuliani having an Apple store unlock his phone and you remember no one actually has any idea what you do and yet they want to pay you. It's freeing.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Those crises never go away. At some point you realize perfection may be the edict from above, but it's not the goal. You have to design systems to fail well and your days are spent mitigating risk.

Then you read about Giuliani having an Apple store unlock his phone and you remember no one actually has any idea what you do and yet they want to pay you. It's freeing.

Mitigating risk is cool, it's a mindset my current job has been beating into me for a decade.

Having people want to pay me without understanding my job is a huge upgrade. Currently, every time there is management turnover in a DOT, we have a problem where we are not understood and they do not want to pay us. And then the local office has to scream their heads off. I don't think the bigwigs ever do come to understand what we do, they just understand that paying us the meager amount we require is a good way to make the ops center shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->