The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I've tried, I just can't get past the smell. We go on an annual striper fishing trip, and I'll eat it then, but thats because its fried to high heaven - I'm not sure if that counts at that point.
Yeah for me it certainly started out with the less fishy fish. I refused to eat seafood until I met my wife's family and they kind of made me. Now I love shrimp, tuna is fantastic, I like crawfish and crabs. I still don't love things like flounder, canned tuna, or clams. Not crazy about salmon, but really it is about freshness and quality.

I think shrimp are a great vessel for flavors and has a really nice texture when cooked well.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Spaghetti with shrimp, cherry tomatoes and asparagus over a white wine and lemon juice "sauce"
IMG_20200511_194700_01.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I would add olive oil and some graded parmesan cheese to that pasta. But that does look like a great meal
Parmesan cheese was definitely added. I pour the extra wine and lemon juice over the pasta to keep it from drying out. Don't know how the olive oil would respond mixed with those two

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Lunch.
73C0DCDF-09C2-400F-AA78-3DE21FF7F432.jpeg
A598435C-74CE-447C-AB74-AB869A22E3A1.jpeg

Chicken Paisano

and dinner
6C821258-FF8E-4261-9663-3F071A9C7305.jpeg

sesame chicken, pork fried rice, chicken on a stick.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Uhhh, its been distributed on the fairer side of the river for a wild. ;)

Hope you are hanging in there man.
Listen former urbanite. For whatever reason, even though I literally live minutes from the city limit, none of the bottle shops up here get it. Until now.

I feel like I’m coping fairly well. My hope in humanity as a whole is fading rapidly. And the stuff I’m hearing said in the media and in public is so dumb it makes discussions in here read like discourse between the Harvard and Yale debate teams.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Listen former urbanite. For whatever reason, even though I literally live minutes from the city limit, none of the bottle shops up here get it. Until now.

I feel like I’m coping fairly well. My hope in humanity as a whole is fading rapidly. And the stuff I’m hearing said in the media and in public is so dumb it makes discussions in here read like discourse between the Harvard and Yale debate teams.

Haha! Tonewood didn't have a license to distribute cans in PA til fairly recently is, and for a while, Improv was selling out the weekend of a release, so it never made it that far.

Losing faith? Pfft, well be fine. Just drink some clorox.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Haha! Tonewood didn't have a license to distribute cans in PA til fairly recently is, and for a while, Improv was selling out the weekend of a release, so it never made it that far.

Losing faith? Pfft, well be fine. Just drink some clorox.
Lysol tastes better. If you mix it proper, you can get a decent old fashioned before the myriad toxicities occur.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Trenton road take out. Sir mix a six himself locks it down.

favorite bottle shop in my immediate vicinity.
Improv is strong, but if you were at TRT, you could have scooped up Sun Reaper from Toppling Goliath. It's a better beer in that style.

I'm a fan of Tonewood, but their beers were better a couple of years ago before their distribution took off. I know that sounds hipster as f***, but just my opinion.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Improv is strong, but if you were at TRT, you could have scooped up Sun Reaper from Toppling Goliath. It's a better beer in that style.

I'm a fan of Tonewood, but their beers were better a couple of years ago before their distribution took off. I know that sounds hipster as f***, but just my opinion.
Mike gets TG pretty regularly. Love king sue and pseudo sue. Didn’t really have reaper as high.

honestly, the giant I work at gets TG pretty much every week so once I shut the pharmacy gates, I can grab whatever I want without a second trip. So the novelty of it is wearing off, even if it’s stellar quality isn’t.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Mike gets TG pretty regularly. Love king sue and pseudo sue. Didn’t really have reaper as high.

honestly, the giant I work at gets TG pretty much every week so once I shut the pharmacy gates, I can grab whatever I want without a second trip. So the novelty of it is wearing off, even if it’s stellar quality isn’t.

My local place gets TG kegs often, I can't wait for it to get a fresh stock when they can seat people again.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

My local place gets TG kegs often, I can't wait for it to get a fresh stock when they can seat people again.

support your local breweries if you want to enjoy their beer after this is all over :thumbu:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
support your local breweries if you want to enjoy their beer after this is all over :thumbu:
I've been supporting many of the locals all through this. Almost every weekend I've done a beer run to get out of the house for an hour or two. I also have supported the local craft beer/food joints by doing takeout but it will be a great thing to be able to sit there and enjoy a good meal and a few cold brews with people when this is past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad