The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Made pork chops and potatoes in the air fryer last night. Turned out great. Had company for dinner, so didn't snap a picture. Didn't want her to think I was weird. I love how fast it cooks too. 15 minutes and the chops were done as opposed to 30-40 minutes in the oven.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Essential supplies acquired
20200430_174659.jpg

Ok so I also grabbed rolls, roast beef and horseradish elsewhere.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wanted chipotle badly, so I made it from scratch at home.

Didn’t take any pictures (forgot), but I think I figured out an incredibly close copycat version of their chicken.

In case anyone wants to try (I would HIGHLY recommend it):

-3 lbs boneless/skinless Chicken thighs
-1/2 red onion
-1 clove of garlic
-3 tbsp chipotles in adobo + some of the liquid
-2 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp oregano
-2 tbsp olive oil

-pound the chicken thighs until they’re as even as possible and decently flat, then put them in a ziploc bag.
-place all the other ingredients in a blender and blend until it’s a paste, then add it to the bag too
-make sure all the chicken is covered and marinate it for somewhere between 1-8 hours (you’re supposed to do 8, but I did 1 and it was still fantastic)
-cook the chicken until done (165F internal temperature and seared on the outside). It’s ok if it’s pretty dark and charred
-when each piece is done, put it in a bowl that’s covered in aluminum foil and make sure you keep it covered so the steam can’t escape
-when all the chicken is cooked, leave it in the covered bowl for about 10 min
-then cut chicken into chunks and add it back to the bowl with the juices
-toss it around and then it’s ready

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Didn’t take any pictures (forgot), but I think I figured out an incredibly close copycat version of their chicken.

-1/2 red onion
-1 clove of garlic
-2 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp oregano
-2 tbsp olive oil

-pound the chicken thighs until they’re as even as possible and decently flat, then put them in a ziploc bag.
-place all the other ingredients in a blender and blend until it’s a paste, then add it to the bag too
-make sure all the chicken is covered and marinate it for somewhere between 1-8 hours (you’re supposed to do 8, but I did 1 and it was still fantastic)
-cook the chicken until done (165F internal temperature and seared on the outside). It’s ok if it’s pretty dark and charred
-when each piece is done, put it in a bowl that’s covered in aluminum foil and make sure you keep it covered so the steam can’t escape

RIP chickens.

Reactions: Defect

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

-1/2 red onion
-1 clove of garlic
-2 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp oregano
-2 tbsp olive oil

That sounds like fun, but you could have just ordered Chipotle, no?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That sounds like fun, but you could have just ordered Chipotle, no?
Yeah, but I enjoy cooking and I like to be able to make things myself instead of needing to order it. Especially right now when I'm trying to avoid other people as much as possible.

Plus, it's cheaper and there's tons of leftovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad