The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Spaghetti with shrimp, cherry tomatoes and asparagus over a white wine and lemon juice "sauce"
Bro drench that shit in olive oil. Some butter will work too. It is delicious, adds some body to the sauce, and will basically connect all the flavors together.

For making quick sauces for pasta it helps to reserve some of the water you boiled the pasta in. The starch that comes off the pasta helps thicken sauces as you cook the water out.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Speaking of noodles. My wife is doing keto so I cook a lot of quick noodle dishes for myself. I only had spaghetti noodles, but I learned a trick of adding baking soda to the pasta water when cooking and it adds a bit of a bite that lots of asian style noodles have. Worked shockingly well.

Below was spicy lime noodles, oil/lime/sriracha/bit of sugar/sesame oil with shrimp, julienned carrots, and spring onion. Very spicy and my youngest kid kept stealing the noodles from me.

IMG_9302.jpg

This loosely copied a YT video I watched. Garlic shrimp noodles that started by cooking thinly sliced garlic in oil that both crisped the garlic for a crunchy topping and also flavored some oil that was drizzled over the dish. Stupid good. The trick is to take the garlic oil off heat just as it starts to brown as it continues to cook in the oil as it cools.
IMG_9276.jpg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Bro drench that shit in olive oil. Some butter will work too. It is delicious, adds some body to the sauce, and will basically connect all the flavors together.

For making quick sauces for pasta it helps to reserve some of the water you boiled the pasta in. The starch that comes off the pasta helps thicken sauces as you cook the water out.
I'll certainly do that next time!

Going to whip up some more fresh salsa and guac tonight. Remembered to get a jalapeno pepper this time to add to both.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I got a case and a half of Kane delivered 10 minutes ago.

I think the fiancee is finally beginning to realize what she signed up for.

My fridge is well stocked... My liver may regret my new work situation.

I just sent that picture to my boss and said... I may still be working but I'm not on the "clock" He knows how today went.

EDIT: LOL his reply… do you have enough? I am mighty thirsty. He only drinks lagers though.

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
too late. I already gagged at the thought of that bubble being broken leading to a runny yellow mess of undercooked yolk.
I was in your boat for a while. I once burned my elbow at work and it looked JUST like an egg yolk.

I refused to eat fried eggs for the longest time after that.

12E3092E-27D2-473D-900D-AD26971CE09C.jpeg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Jesus man, that looks photoshopped!
I can assure you it was not. Actually it wasn't even that painful.

I was opening a steam kettle at work to check if the beans inside were finished, wasn't paying attention, and the lid hit my elbow. It didn't hurt too much so I finished my shift, went home and went to bed.

Next day I woke up, realized there was something weird on my arm, and found that monster. It was right on that bit of skin on your elbow that you can't really feel. I popped it and went on about my business.

Enjoy your dinners, everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad