The market for Gardiner is being evaluated

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
honestly i think Gardiner+ for Strome would be awesome...

the only issue is what the + would be, if they want a roster forward all we really have available is Kulemin possibly.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Like I said last night.....

1.Gardiner plays great in the playoffs last year, despite randy holding him out of the regular season.
2. Randy criticizes Gardiner in the preseason.
3. Some GM decides to call Nonis and ask about Gardiner.

= "Leafs are feeling out the market for Gardiner"

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
yea i know, but thats really all we have to potentially trade.... unless someone is interested in Ashton or something

Our forward depth is extremely weak. Ashton doesn't have much value

I would do Gardiner + Percy for Strome + 3rd round/C+ Prospect

I love Percy but getting a stud prospect in Strome would get me more excited :yo:

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I have no interest in trading Gardiner, but I sure as hell hope Nonis is making an effort to understand his trade value. His job is to know these things and be thorough even if he doesn't want to trade him.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
honestly i think Gardiner+ for Strome would be awesome...

the only issue is what the + would be, if they want a roster forward all we really have available is Kulemin possibly.

The proverbial "we have so many NHL ready d-men" will be spat at you. Something like Gardiner + 2nd is what I would do, but they need offense rather than defense. I'd add Leivo but that might(?) be tipping the scale. Plus I like Leivo, so I don't know. I think we'd be better off in a one-for-one swap like Gardiner/Granlund or Gardiner/Bjugstad.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Our forward depth is extremely weak. Ashton doesn't have much value

I would do Gardiner + Percy for Strome + 3rd round/C+ Prospect

I love Percy but getting a stud prospect in Strome would get me more excited :yo:

i think we have reallllllly solid forward depth, but they arent really moveable

Kessel
Lupul
JVR
Kadri
Clarkson
Raymond
Bolland
Bozak
Kulemin

that is a great top 9... we just acquired MayRay+Bolland+Clarkson, Kessel+Lupul wont go anywhere, JVR+Kadri are young studs, Bozak is Bozak, and Kule is really the only one i can see moving because he is an upcoming UFA

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
i think we have reallllllly solid forward depth, but they arent really moveable

Kessel
Lupul
JVR
Kadri
Clarkson
Raymond
Bolland
Bozak
Kulemin

that is a great top 9... we just acquired MayRay+Bolland+Clarkson, Kessel+Lupul wont go anywhere, JVR+Kadri are young studs, Bozak is Bozak, and Kule is really the only one i can see moving because he is an upcoming UFA

So is Bolland and Raymond and I think they will both be looking for a raise. I don't see Kuli going anywhere this season because his expiring contract isn't worth much and he is too valuable on our team

I think its important we have some depth on the rise and adding someone like Strome would be huge. I just like the idea of spreading the youth around + we need help at center

What do we have right now in our system? Biggs, Ashton, Gauthier, Leivo, McKegg, Ross? Its really bad

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
So is Bolland and Raymond and I think they will both be looking for a raise. I don't see Kuli going anywhere this season because his expiring contract isn't worth much and he is too valuable on our team

I think its important we have some depth on the rise and adding someone like Strome would be huge.

What do we have right now in our system? Biggs, Ashton, Gauthier, Leivo, McKegg, Ross? Its really bad

if Bolland and Raymond continue to play like this then we better make sure we get em signed.

We have great NHL forwards depth, 9 forwards who can play top 6 if needed... but i agree, our prospect F's are weak... Strome would be a huge addition

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
I think Reimer + Gardiner + 1st Rounder may give us a really great, young #2 (potentially #1) centerman.

edit: would LOVE to make an offer to Colorado but without Reimer in the mix I don't think we have enough to pry away one of their centers and COL doesn't need a goalie.

edit x2: Kadri + Gardiner + 1st enough for ROR?

edit x3: Reimer for 1st rounder

I think going this route we dont create any holes getting ROR (if it is enough to get him) and we still get a 1st rounder. Liles can take Gardiner place if needed but not required.

Kadri has a much higher ceiling in my opinion.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

I think its important we have some depth on the rise and adding someone like Strome would be huge. I just like the idea of spreading the youth around + we need help at center

I think Gauthier is a step above all of those other guys at the moment, but point taken.

jughead42*

Package him with kadri for a real center who can give a full effort every night and won't disappear after a good game or two.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
if Bolland and Raymond continue to play like this then we better make sure we get em signed.

We have great NHL forwards depth, 9 forwards who can play top 6 if needed... but i agree, our prospect F's are weak... Strome would be a huge addition

You cant expect to sign all our forwards + Phaneuf, Franson, Fraser, Ranger and Gardiner in the off-season

Chances are we either let Phaneuf go or Franson/Gardiner gets traded. I think its wise that we parlay one of them for an equal or stronger asset return while we have the chance

We wont have to worry about Strome for a few seasons

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
You cant expect to sign all our forwards + Phaneuf, Franson, Fraser, Ranger and Gardiner in the off-season

Chances are we either let Phaneuf go or Franson/Gardiner gets traded. I think its wise that we parlay one of them for an equal or stronger asset return while we have the chance

We wont have to worry about Strome for a few seasons

dont think we'll see Fraser or Ranger back... RIelly will be a permanent player and i think MacWilliam will replace Fraser

but who knows what happens

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
I agree with you 100%. I'd only move Gardiner in a package for a legit top C prospect or young NHLer. Some teams looking for young, talented depth could be interested in this. Maybe a team like Calgary would be interested in moving a top notch prospect like Baertschi or Monahan for 2 or 3 good young pieces and a pick or 2. Or maybe they'd even want something like Reimer + Gardiner?

I dunno, I'm not usually one to throw out speculative offers/potential offers but I thought I'd give it a try. Heck, I don't even know if I'd do that lol.

Living in Calgary I hear a lot about and from them. I would pretty much bet my testicles that there is no way in the world they would even consider trading Monahan.

They also seem pretty convinced that between Ramo and Berra that they are set in goal as well and unless they falter horribly I don't see them being interested at this time.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Living in Calgary I hear a lot about and from them. I would pretty much bet my testicles that there is no way in the world they would even consider trading Monahan.

They also seem pretty convinced that between Ramo and Berra that they are set in goal as well and unless they falter horribly I don't see them being interested at this time.

Monahan, definitely not. Calgarian friend of mine has a hard on for him (Sven too) but it sounds like there's a rift being formed between management and Baertschi.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00