Player Discussion The Legend of John Klingberg

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Klinggggggberggggggg

Who chose the 3 stars tonight? I was watching the Kings broadcast on GC and they had a lot of good things to say about him. They even got out the old magic pen and diagrammed how Klingberg blocked out his man to keep the front of the net clear on a shot from the point in the first five minutes or so.

Very impressing player thus far.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Who chose the 3 stars tonight? I was watching the Kings broadcast on GC and they had a lot of good things to say about him. They even got out the old magic pen and diagrammed how Klingberg blocked out his man to keep the front of the net clear on a shot from the point in the first five minutes or so.

Very impressing player thus far.

Home broadcast team chooses the stars I believe. Glad that Klingberg got acknowledged because he really was doing everything tonight.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
They had a lot of nice things to say about him throughout the game so I'm not entirely surprised.

He was being played against the Kopitar line and the Carter line most of the night from what I could tell, so it's not like Ruff is protecting him. He just looks like a legitimately good player.

MetalGodAOD*

He was pretty much playing first pairing minutes for a while there. Hypeeeeee

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
1st Hull 3:12

"And lo, He said to the angels, reject the false prophet of Toaster, Alex Chiasson, for I bring you a new Savior. A new light. Behold Klingberg, The Klinger, The Money, The John, The God-King."

No more biblical stuff, have we learned nothing from Chiasson, Pevs, and Glennie

I'm saying we go middle earth instead Klingberg "I Shall Pass" the white

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Posted on the game day thread, but yes, besides the outlet passing, I did notice his positional play and awareness to make several nice plays on D, as well. Luds mentioned keeping him here in the off season for weight training as the biggest need to round out his game, but I didn't think he played particularly "small" against the Kings last night. Not against him getting stronger, unless to the point where he loses some skill level. Mostly, it can't hurt.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Klingberg looks strong for his lanky build. I get the sense he's naturally got good leg and core strength. I'd think legs and core are the most important muscle groups for hockey having never played myself. He's very rangy looking, so what he may lack in upper body strength he makes up for a little in leverage.

I knew he was going to bring offensive acumen and good skating to the ice, but what is really suprisig to me is his defensive abilities. He's not another Goligoski or even Daley. He looks like he's got the highest hockey IQ out there on our blueline fresh out of the box. I even saw him throw well-timed hit along the boards yesterday that didn't take him out of position. At 22 he's only going to get better. This guy could turn in to our coveted #1 D PP QB.

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
I am worried he is going to snap in half everytime he's on the ice. I feel as though one good hit from an opposing player and he's our for 2-3 weeks.

Stars_fan9

Mar 17, 2007
I am so glad they brought up Klingberg. Watching him play makes me giddy like we finally got what we've been missing since Zubov left. Yeah that's overhyping it but whatever. I just hope it's not a similar situation to Chiasson and Sceviour and his play doesn't completely drop off.

Linnarhult

May 6, 2006
I thought you guys might like this. Found this blogpost about him and his recent call-up on a Swedish news site. http://blogg.gp.se/rylanderjohan/2014/11/11/john-wayne-klingberg-rider-in/

Roughly translated:
Former Frölunda defenceman John Klingberg suddenly got the call from head coach Lindy Ruff:
"You are welcome here. Up to the big boys ... "

And the kid from Lerum took the plane from Charlotte and his Texas Stars - straight to Phoenix, where the Dallas Stars plays Wednesday night.
NHL, that is.

After twelve points (four goals and eight assists) in ten games, the second best of all defenceman in the AHL, he's been given the chance.
There's currently 8 defenceman on the team as of right now.
"But I honestly do not know if I'm playing yet! There is no 'Roger Rönnberg dialogue' (former coach), "laughs John.

How do you feel?
"I feel really damn relaxed! It feels good ... "
About a month ago, girlfriend Fanny came over - and since then everything has been going really well for Klingberg.
He has been on a horseback for the first time - and bought a hat!

Will you play PP?
"Hope so, then it will be showtime!"
Dallas has a shortage of the right handed defenceman - and Klingberg, as we know, a really sharp gun!
Will he get the nickname "John Wayne" tomorrow against the Arizona Coyotes?
Good luck.

IMG_8648.png

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
So what that interviews tells us, is that once Klingberg got laid his game went back to God-tier. Praise be to Fanny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad