Player Discussion The Legend of John Klingberg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sweet.

So what's the next step for him?

Woywitka's replacement? :D

EDIT: Nvm, in the thread on the Trade board, it's mentioned that he's playing for Jokerit next year.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Yes, he is 18 still, (will turn 19 in August) but I remember reading that the player would have to sign their ELC as an 18 year old for a contract year to slide?
No, the player just needs junior eligiblity for that to happen.

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC.

The same is true for the ELC Nemeth signed as a 19 year old. He won't turn 20 until February of next year. Klingberg won't turn 20 until August of next year. They'll both slide.

DallasStarsfan06

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas, Texas
John Klingberg

Hey guys I was wondering what kind of potential this kid has and what player can he be compared to? Will he be a First/Second pairing offensive/defensive player?

Brand New Stars

Sounds like a Marc Andre Bergeron style defenseman but theres always hope he can develop more of a two way game. Still quite young.

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
John Klingberg was just traded to Skelleftea AIK, so he will be playing in the Swedish Elite League from now. Skelleftea produced some good d-men prospects lately, such as Adam Larsson, Tim Erixon & David Rundblad, Petter Granberg. I think Klingberg has found a good environment.

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Wow. Good for him I guess. But it was kinda foreseeable.
Jokerit GM Kekäläinen said Klingberg did not live up to his expectations in Finland. But they wanted to keep him one more year after this season. It was Klingberg's wish to move back to Sweden.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The Euro scouts just said how important it would be for him to spend time with Dallas at training camp to learn how to be a pro. Since he's going to miss the start of the SEL season, I wonder if they'll just bring him over to hang around the team and complete the last part of his rehab.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How often does a teenager need hip surgery? :help:

Can't be a great sign....

I don't need surgery, but I've been having hip problems recently and I'm only 16.

He needs to let it recover, though. Can't rush back into it at all.

And I think it would be smart for him and the team if he just came over to Dallas/Austin to finish rehab. Depends on what he wants, though.

aloonda*

can we turn this into the player discussion thread for our young swede ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->