The Joe Rogan Podcast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I listen on Google Podcasts now. With his new deal is that all going away?
I don't think it's exclusive yet, can't remember the exact date of exclusivity, but it'll be on Spotify and other platforms for a period. At a certain point Spotify will be the only platform.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I thought it was going to Spotify only in October but I could be wrong. You don't need Spotify's premium service to continue listening to Rogan, but this is my guess since they paid all that money, they are probably going to splice their own ads into his podcast unless you have premium, while Joe only really does ads at the beginning and at the end.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
118517267_411001166541848_2019918043980549498_n.jpg

“Buddha is Out and Ganesha is In”- Joe Rogan Shares Interesting Addition in His Studio

Joe-Rogan-Lord-Ganesh-2.jpg

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Looks like there are episodes that are not going to be on Spotify, some with the controversial guests. Will be interesting to see if the guest list for future episodes stays similar or if it will have to be Spotify approved.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Looks like there are episodes that are not going to be on Spotify, some with the controversial guests. Will be interesting to see if the guest list for future episodes stays similar or if it will have to be Spotify approved.
Spotify has no say in what he does going forward. Past episodes I guess they have the right not to post them but I don't think he has had episodes that would not be acceptable.

What i want to know is how are they going to put video's on Spotify? He said they will be available.

They skipped the Alex Jones episode. lol

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Source?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't have a full list of the episodes not included. Some I can see why, others I don't agree with not being included. Assuming all the youtube content remains, it won't be a huge deal, but I'm worried Joe doesn't have the exact amount of control that he said he would have. Would the people that had their episodes not included be allowed on as guests again? Would people viewed as similar to them be allowed on?

Joe Rogan debuts on Spotify with his most controversial episodes missing

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't have a full list of the episodes not included. Some I can see why, others I don't agree with not being included. Assuming all the youtube content remains, it won't be a huge deal, but I'm worried Joe doesn't have the exact amount of control that he said he would have. Would the people that had their episodes not included be allowed on as guests again? Would people viewed as similar to them be allowed on?

Interesting.

In a profile of Rogan in The Atlantic last August, writer Devin Gordon broke down Rogan's many strengths as a podcaster, yet also cited some of his guest choices as a serious blindspot: "Joe likes [Jack Dorsey]. He likes Milo Yiannopoulos. He likes Alex Jones

Why was Jack Dorsey mentioned? Did he do something i missed?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Maybe it's a form of publicity. When this catches on and people start talking about it Spotify decides to post them.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Interesting.

Why was Jack Dorsey mentioned? Did he do something i missed?

That was an odd one compared to the others. In The Atlantic piece by the person, it talked about the issues of the first Dorsey episode, where Jack just sort of BS'd his way through, and where Joe and the audience had a disconnect on what would happen. Audience wanted some actual pushback on Jack, and Joe just wanted an interesting conversation with the guy. The writer seemed to have more of an issue with the Tim Pool episode that reflected on the Dorsey episode and the episode that included Pool, Dorsey, and Vijaya Gadde. The writer never really explained the critique of Joe liking Jack.

The following paragraph is why that piece is a joke and why some of the Rogan critics just have a fundamental different world-view than people that like him.

Joe likes Jack. He likes Milo Yiannopoulos. He likes Alex Jones. He wants you to know that he doesn’t agree with much of what they say, but he also wants you to know that off camera they’re the nicest guys. If we all have fatal flaws, this is Joe’s: his insistence on seeing value in people even when he shouldn’t, even when they’ve forfeited any right to it, even when the harm outweighs the good. It comes from a generous place, but it amounts to careless cruelty. He just won’t write people off, and then he compounds the sin by throwing them a lifeline at the moment when they least deserve it.

Reactions: Stylizer1

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That was an odd one compared to the others. In The Atlantic piece by the person, it talked about the issues of the first Dorsey episode, where Jack just sort of BS'd his way through, and where Joe and the audience had a disconnect on what would happen. Audience wanted some actual pushback on Jack, and Joe just wanted an interesting conversation with the guy. The writer seemed to have more of an issue with the Tim Pool episode that reflected on the Dorsey episode and the episode that included Pool, Dorsey, and Vijaya Gadde. The writer never really explained the critique of Joe liking Jack.

The following paragraph is why that piece is a joke and why some of the Rogan critics just have a fundamental different world-view than people that like him.

Yeah I remember the arguments here from a month or so ago. Some people just look at the 10 or so mistakes Rogan has made and write him off completely because of it.

The guy has had over 1500 podcasts and I’ve heard sooooo many amazingly profound and interesting discussions on the JRE. It’s content I don’t think you can get elsewhere and I’ve been a huge fan of his podcast for over 5 years now.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
took a break after watching so many in such a short time. watched all the ones with Neil DeGrass Tyson, they were pretty good. Think I saw all the ones with Randall Carlson, really enjoyed those and I'm not alone as they all seemed to have around 7M hits. I watched the one with Snowden but that wasn't very good. I watched the 2 with the ex CIA guy that hosts a show on the science channel, black files declassified.

Just finished this one, one of my favorites as I think I will get his book, it's about Charles Manson and the CIA's MK Ultra program, some crazy shit.

think next I will watch the Bill Burr ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad