The Joe Rogan Podcast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Personal favourites for anyone listening to older ones are the Forrest Gallante podcasts. He basically goes on all these crazy explorations trying to find thought to be extinct animals. Alex Jones are must listens for obvious reasons.

Least favourites are nearly all the comedians. Don’t want to listen them talk about the comedy store and how it’s an art form for hours on end.

It is kinda funny listening to Joe shit on Carlos Mencia but then defend Amy Schumer, considering they both did the exact same thing, but one is his friend.

pucksakes666

Mar 8, 2018
I listen to the one with Duncan Trussel last week for my drive home, the whole 5 hours of duncan trussel's stories .

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Anyone following all the stuff with Spotify employees? Hopefully nothing actually comes from it.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Anyone following all the stuff with Spotify employees? Hopefully nothing actually comes from it.

It's silly. His entire catalogue of podcasts were publicly available, if they had any objections to his content then they either shouldn't have signed him, or brokered a deal in which guests/topics X, Y & Z are off limits. They provide access to songs with far more egregious content, so the whole thing is hypocritical at best.

This article- Joe Rogan Is Already a Headache for Spotify -popped up on my timeline with quotes like:

Sure, The Joe Rogan Experience commands an exceptionally large following and a growing currency of cultural influence, but Rogan’s radical free speech orientation and “freethinking” ideology have consistently courted controversy in the past.

Imagine that, speech free from government persecution is radical.

There is no right not to be offended. If people don't like the content, they needn't listen to it. The desire to seek out content in order to be offended is something I'll never understand.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

If you spend 100M on a product letting your employees mess with the content that made it successful in the first place is straight up insanity

Some of the most entertaining episodes were with "controversial" figures or about "controversial" subjects, that's what makes that podcast entertaining

I know what I'd do if i was managment but it wouldn't go down to well with the employees I'd imagine :laugh:

Reactions: Upgrayedd

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's silly. His entire catalogue of podcasts were publicly available, if they had any objections to his content then they either shouldn't have signed him, or brokered a deal in which guests/topics X, Y & Z are off limits. They provide access to songs with far more egregious content, so the whole thing is hypocritical at best.

This article- Joe Rogan Is Already a Headache for Spotify -popped up on my timeline with quotes like:

There is no right not to be offended. If people don't like the content, they needn't listen to it. The desire to seek out content in order to be offended is something I'll never understand.
What a world, the 1st amendment is radical now.

Mar 1, 2002

Where does that article talk about governmental persecution? I'll save you the time, it doesn't. Seems you may just be paranoid like most of his followers. (trust me, I ran his message board)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Where does that article talk about governmental persecution? I'll save you the time, it doesn't. Seems you may just be paranoid like most of his followers. (trust me, I ran his message board)
Radical free speech orientation, thats how they characterize Rogan. Rogan is just a 1st amendment supporter, but apparently that's radical for some.

Reactions: Korg
Mar 1, 2002
Radical free speech orientation, thats how they characterize Rogan. Rogan is just a 1st amendment supporter, but apparently that's radical for some.

They characterize him that way because he's supported and agreed with crazy people like Alex Jones and Stefan Molyneux. Whatever TINY pushback he is getting while cashing in for tens of millions is just reaping what he planted.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They characterize him that way because he's supported and agreed with crazy people like Alex Jones and Stefan Molyneux. Whatever TINY pushback he is getting while cashing in for tens of millions is just reaping what he planted.
Then criticize him for that and show the receipts, but that has nothing to do with being a free speech radical. When it comes down to it, those people simply believe that some ideas and thoughts shouldn't be allowed to even be discussed, which they have to be to be successfully defeated, and they think hate speech should be banned. It's the same crap that they call him a transphobe over the Fallon Fox incident, and Joe is absolutely correct on his take on Fallon Fox, people just don't care enough to learn what his take actually is.

He's called out the bad ideas of them and others plenty of times. The guy is a Bernie supporter, but they want to act like he's this ultimate path to the alt-right.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
"I’d rather vote for Trump". His words.
Ok? He's not an ideologue, and he doesn't like either of the main candidates. His political views are very clearly on the left. Is voting for Trump or considering voting for Trump beyond the pale now? That's not acceptable? Or Trump defines the alt-right?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ok? He's not an ideologue, and he doesn't like either of the main candidates. His political views are very clearly on the left. Is voting for Trump or considering voting for Trump beyond the pale now? That's not acceptable? Or Trump defines the alt-right?

Voting for Trump is definitely considered (at the very least) a social faux pas that easily gives way to judgement of an individual's capacity for critical thinking and/or motivations.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So we can admit, that majority of the backlash against Rogan comes down to partisan hackery. If he doesn't support the establishment left, then he must be the problem. That's what all this has always been about.

That's not what I said. At all. But 'both siding' Trump support/acceptance is a farce and should be called out as such. It makes sense that there's public backlash for it. Despite how folks want to frame it, this is not a conservative/liberal support issue. Trump support goes beyond that.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
So we can admit, that majority of the backlash against Rogan comes down to partisan hackery. If he doesn't support the establishment left, then he must be the problem. That's what all this has always been about.
This is a completely ridiculous statement.

Rogan has had multiple people on the show to espouse complete bullshit and not call them on it. He gives a platform to problematic beliefs and makes them become mainstream because his show is so incredibly popular. You can recognize that this is a problem without even starting into politics.

Supporting Trump is hardly even political anymore, Trump is a deplorable human being regardless of politics.

This is a bit of an aside, but if he would vote for Trump over Bernie he is nowhere close to left leaning.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is a completely ridiculous statement.

Rogan has had multiple people on the show to espouse complete bullshit and not call them on it. He gives a platform to problematic beliefs and makes them become mainstream because his show is so incredibly popular. You can recognize that this is a problem without even starting into politics.

Supporting Trump is hardly even political anymore, Trump is a deplorable human being regardless of politics.

This is a bit of an aside, but if he would vote for Trump over Bernie he is nowhere close to left leaning.
He never said he'd vote Trump over Bernie, this is my point exactly. Bernie was always his guy, he liked how genuine he is and he agreed with Bernie on many of the problems that he sees out there. The reason he said he'd consider Trump over Biden is because of in his view Biden's cognitive decline. He never even said he'd vote Trump. He's also criticized Trump plenty of times and he's called out bad ideas of his guests plenty of times. What ideas has he made mainstream?

Reactions: tacogeoff

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's not what I said. At all. But 'both siding' Trump support/acceptance is a farce and should be called out as such. It makes sense that there's public backlash for it. Despite how folks want to frame it, this is not a conservative/liberal support issue. Trump support goes beyond that.
I didn't say you said it, but that's what all these critiques come down to on these types of guests or him being a "free speech radical".

Mar 1, 2002
Ok? He's not an ideologue, and he doesn't like either of the main candidates. His political views are very clearly on the left.

No, he's not. He's a libertarian. I've talked to him enough in person and online enough to know.

He's a REALLY nice guy. Up until 10 years ago when he really got famous, he was always super approachable, bought rounds at the bar for fans after shows. After his podcast and UFC really blew up, he couldn't do that as often, but still was always super to fans who weren't douchebags.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No, he's not. He's a libertarian. I've talked to him enough in person and online enough to know.
Libertarians don't want any social safety net, Joe has been pretty clear that he like social safety net policies. That may have been more of a recent development when Bernie became more prominent and he had Yang on to convince him that some sort of a UBI isn't a bad idea. He's a left-wing version of a Libertarian. Leave people alone on social issues, but create a society where people aren't left behind. He's stated his 3 favorite politicians have been Bernie, Yang, and Tulsi. He wants to stop with the wars and spend money on the people.

I don't mean any of this in a bad way because largely his politics don't factor into why he's popular.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stylizer1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->