The Joe Rogan Podcast Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not a big fan of the dark red everywhere.

The Mike Tyson podcast was fun. Loved listening to him talk about history. Rogan was pretty annoying though constantly trying to get him to be psycho Iron Mike.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched the one with the guys from the Sopranos and one from a few years back with just the one guy from the Sopranos. They were pretty good.

watched one with Metallica's James Hetfield which was ok

just watched the one with Leah Remini as I never got to see her show about outing Scientology other then a few minutes here and there. She's brave for going up against those assholes.

tried watching the one with Bill Maher and another with Dan Crenshaw but didn't finish as they were kind of boring.

thinking of just watching ones with scientist since they seem to be the most interesting as I don't have a background there having gone to business school. The one with the sleep doctor was great and I have been watching some of Randall Carlson's podcasts though the few I saw weren't very good but at least they aren't long. I never knew there was an ice age just 11,000 years ago in North America, or if I learned it a long time ago in school I forgotten it. Things like that are interesting for sure.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Randall Carlson's podcasts though the few I saw weren't very good but at least they aren't long. I never knew there was an ice age just 11,000 years ago in North America, or if I learned it a long time ago in school I forgotten it. Things like that are interesting for sure.

Be careful with that guy, I get the feeling he’s full of shit.

Reactions: member 51464

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Whoops I actually meant “Watch out for Hancock, he seems like he’s full of shit”. Not very familiar with Carlson.

Hancock is a non-scientist pushing criticized claims of lost civilizations while constantly defending them through whining about “closed-mindedness”. He appeals to the same people into “Ancient Aliens” or the people who have absolutely no prior knowledge or education on this sort of thing and are too ignorant to know he’s full of shit.

He’s my least favorite guest on Rogan’s show. And now he’s talking about mushrooms unlocking our consciousness (which I don’t entirely disagree with) on YouTube commercials which is extra annoying.

Reactions: Prairie Oyster

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Whoops I actually meant “Watch out for Hancock, he seems like he’s full of shit”. Not very familiar with Carlson.

Hancock is a non-scientist pushing criticized claims of lost civilizations while constantly defending them through whining about “closed-mindedness”. He appeals to the same people into “Ancient Aliens” or the people who have absolutely no prior knowledge or education on this sort of thing and are too ignorant to know he’s full of shit.

He’s my least favorite guest on Rogan’s show. And now he’s talking about mushrooms unlocking our consciousness (which I don’t entirely disagree with) on YouTube commercials which is extra annoying.
I thought so.

I don't think Hancock is full of shit. I think he found something he is passionate about and has invested a lot to put it out there. I've read 2 of his books and watched many of his video's. He might not be 100% correct on everything he thinks but I don't find what he says is that absurd either. He thinks it was a comet as does Carlson. Schoch thinks there were massive solar flairs that contributed to rapid melting. Either way sea levels rose and as we can see today, major cities are in close proximity to major water ways. He's travelled all over the world diving at sites where there are remains of submerged structures.

He's had many critics over the years asking him to prove it and he couldn't because there was no proof of earlier civilizations. Along comes Göbekli Tepe that show people were more than hunter gatherers.

Again, I don't think he is out to deceive anyone. He is bringing attention to something to that could help us understand more about civilization.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Personal favourites for anyone listening to older ones are the Forrest Gallante podcasts. He basically goes on all these crazy explorations trying to find thought to be extinct animals. Alex Jones are must listens for obvious reasons.

Least favourites are nearly all the comedians. Don’t want to listen them talk about the comedy store and how it’s an art form for hours on end.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you are interested in astrophysics, the first one I watched so far and Brian Cox is actually better then any of the Neil DeGrass Tyson and I didn't think that would be possible.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If you are interested in astrophysics, the first one I watched so far and Brian Cox is actually better then any of the Neil DeGrass Tyson and I didn't think that would be possible.

Even in podcast form, Brian Cox was so eloquent in this one. I recommend it to everyone!

Reactions: montreal

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

He's been on a few times I think, he blows Tyson out of the water. Tyson can be a bit much for me at times. Sean Carroll is another one with multiple appearances that I've really enjoyed.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
He's been on a few times I think, he blows Tyson out of the water. Tyson can be a bit much for me at times. Sean Carroll is another one with multiple appearances that I've really enjoyed.

I love Neil Degrasse Tyson and have for over a decade now. He can get a little too into himself sometimes for sure though. I feel like he’s purposefully saying things hoping to make them be the next great quote.

He’s really running with this persona of being the guy that brings astrophysics to normal people. It can be a little much sometimes but I’m happy he’s out there doing what he’s doing.

Sean Carroll is fantastic too, however. I’ve liked all of those physicists Rogan has had on his show

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I love Neil Degrasse Tyson and have for over a decade now. He can get a little too into himself sometimes for sure though. I feel like he’s purposefully saying things hoping to make them be the next great quote.

He’s really running with this persona of being the guy that brings astrophysics to normal people. It can be a little much sometimes but I’m happy he’s out there doing what he’s doing.

Sean Carroll is fantastic too, however. I’ve liked all of those physicists Rogan has had on his show
Yeah, it's really not that I dislike Tyson or anything, probably more of all the physicists that Rogan brings on do a very good job. Those always tend to be my favorite episodes.

Reactions: DaBadGuy316

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Personal favourites for anyone listening to older ones are the Forrest Gallante podcasts. He basically goes on all these crazy explorations trying to find thought to be extinct animals. Alex Jones are must listens for obvious reasons.

Least favourites are nearly all the comedians. Don’t want to listen them talk about the comedy store and how it’s an art form for hours on end.

The Leno episode was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->