The Jiri Sekac Thread

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
1st round pick is a bit of a stretch. 2nd rounder comparable to getting a DLR.

Desharnais Diaz Sekac have all brought good value as undrafted FA's.

Condon Carr Sorkin Nevins could do the same down the road.

Yeah, good luck with that. Their pitchforks are glued to their hands for farm work. If that was too cryptic for you, they're career AHLers, unless we get a lot worse.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Yeah, good luck with that. Their pitchforks are glued to their hands for farm work. If that was too cryptic for you, they're career AHLers, unless we get a lot worse.

They are all playing their 1st year AHL, it's very early to write any of them off.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The fact he works his ass off, is solid defensively and isn't afraid to go to the net will make him a solid NHLer for years to come.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Dat spin around goal tonight !
jyNaXVx.gif

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
What a player :amazed:

Really excited about this guy, I think we got a gem. Such an amazing skater.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Condon could be a back-up goalie. Nevins a 4th liner goon that can play. Carr and Sorkin 3rd line offensive guys.

"Could"... sure. When, and instead of whom? I mean, my nephews could be astronauts some day. What realistically has to happen for that to work out? I understand that it's easier to just be a gung ho fan that's positive to the max about every prospect's chances, though.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Sekac was the best forward vs the Kings. His forecheck was amazing and his backchecks are world class. It's absolutely incredible how many times he was deep in the Kings' zone and then out of nowhere he's getting the puck deep in his own zone. He also scored a very nice goal from a pretty tight angle. From where I was seated, I honestly didn't think he would be able to put the puck in the net considering the angle.

So effing glad the Habs were able to sign him in the off-season. He's quickly becoming a fan favorite.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
"Could"... sure. When, and instead of whom? I mean, my nephews could be astronauts some day. What realistically has to happen for that to work out? I understand that it's easier to just be a gung ho fan that's positive to the max about every prospect's chances, though.

Let's release all non-first round prospect, they have less than 30% to be NHLer.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I love everything about Sekac's game...except the end product

that's the only thing I question, I don't ever think he'll be big scorer as he tends to take an inordinate about of time to get his shot off

but that's not a huge knock...hoping he can improve on that, I know it was one of the knocks that his coach in the KHL said he had

Yeah when I watch I think it's possible he could be a Perezhogin type player: fast, skilled, great work ethic, but when it comes to finish it doesn't always come together.

BUT, I do think it's possible he does become a big point producer.

Time will tell.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I'm so happy he never turned out to be another Fabio

The youtube superstars and 'best players NOT in the NHL' typically end up being expensive hoaxes but Cakes is the real deal, that shot from behind the goal line was sick, Subby looked like he was goin to climb up him he was so excited

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
He is elite in puck control he do marvels in the boards with puck and somehow manages to stickhandles players between there skates along the boards like kovalev did his trainings on his skill videos. Not only that.. The guy is relentless and his very humble.. He may never be a first line player but heck he has 3th line dream tag tough he could also be an awesome 2nd liner due to his puck managment skills.. A bit like the bruins used to cycle the puck in their prime. He just does it naturally and with ease. Love him. Cant believe some people still havent realised that. Skill is obvious.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Lock this guy already.

This is the kind of guy, due to his size, skill , speed and work ethic that comes through in the play-offs a la Bourque and Eller last play-offs.

That this guy was a FA signing is the cherry on top. Just awesome when you add a guy like this as a FA.

Yeah, you sign him long term next year when he is in the last year of his 2 year deal.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He's quickly become one of my favourite players. He plays the game the way it should be played. MB and his staff deserve full marks but I think the Bell Center fans should also pat themselves on the back. He did say that what won him over was going to the Bell Center and seeing the reaction of the fans.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Is it possible this guy has more finish than he's showed? His shooting % right now is unsustainable, and he generally doesn't use his shot enough.

I hope he does cause the rest of his game is very strong, he looks alot more confident the last few games.

Great find by MB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad