The Jiri Sekac Thread

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I guess having a positive possession 3rd line that was getting unlucky in the +/- column was simply too much to handle.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I don't think he should replace Moen, as that would mean he would be on the fourth line. What we should do is have him replace Weise on one of the top 3 lines, I'd like to have him play with Eller where he did well. Weise could then go back to the fourth line.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
  • He's a rookie.
  • Nobody knew who he was 6 months ago.
  • The organization has always been more "patient" with young players from the old continent (aka avoiding media rage).
  • He said he would not go back to the KHL.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
  • He's a rookie.
  • Nobody knew who he was 6 months ago.
  • The organization has always been more "patient" with young players from the old continent.
  • He said he would not go back to the KHL.

E all of the above. :laugh:
By the way Sekac is a left winger.
(promised myself to mention that every Sekac post I make) :)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marinaro going on a rant about this on TSN690 right now. He doesn't understand why Sekac isn't in the line up either.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
'Narrow stole the thread subject. HF had it first. :sarcasm:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
To be honest, if anyone should be scratched right now, it's Prust. He's doing pathetic as a 4th liner out there. No hit given in 4 games now.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
He was getting better and better while adjusting to the smaller rink size. He was creating chances off the board and doing a good job keeping possession in the attacking zone. He was gaining confidence each game and looked like he would create a very good third line with Eller.

But he's not a veteran. Therrien loves veterans.

I honestly thought we were giving Weise a game as a thank you for last year and we'd go back to Sekac on the third line.
I thought we'd use one or both of Weise/Bournival on the 4th line when we wanted speed and maybe Moen/Prust against bigger teams or when we needed Prust to fight. I really don't understand what Therrien is doing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This board asks plenty of hard questions rain or shine.
People whine about it but too FN bad for them.

Which begets a lot of interesting exchanges that somehow end up in some HFB Partner piece, long after the fact. :sarcasm:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
MB is gonna have to find away to get rid of Bourque and/or Moen for either Sekac or Bournival to play. If only one could be gone I'd rather it be Bourque. He brings nothing and he's just taking up the roster spot of a young guy who can at least bring what Bourque does with a chance of improving. Moen is still useful at killing penalties and playing 4th line duties and would make a good 13th forward but is easily replaceable by a young player like Bournival.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This is my biggest issue so far this season.

We beat out a bunch of other teams for the guy, he has a great pre season, he continues to play well into the reg. season (including going to the hard areas).

What gives? They're treating him like an 18yo. The guy has already played professionally, let him play!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Nothing infuriates me more right now than the though that Moen is playing above both Sekac and Bournival.

It makes literally no sense.

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Funny thing is, they were asking Therrien yesterday about Bournival, Sekac, Tinordi and Beaulieu. His answer was basically, we know the kids need to play, we're aware of that and.... Then the hamster got off the wheel and you could see he didn't really want to say more

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Seriously though. Why would MT want a big, skilled two way player who's a physical specimen and has a scoring touch when he can play Moen??

:sarcasm:

Moen is this year's Bou and Murray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad