The Jiri Sekac Thread

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Bournival's first year was like that until injuries. However Sekec is better and stronger than Bournival.

Bournival started playing with plekanec too and had a great start before getting hurt. I think something like 12 of his 14 points last year were with plekanec and gionta.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
We need a PPG forward like Kane, Stamkos, etc.

That's why we aren't a top tier team due to lack of offense.

I don't agree with that. Teams without a superstar PPG forward can still win the cup. I think forward depth is much more important.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Seks is great!!

Seks and scoring go hand in hand.

I hate Saturday nights without Habs hockey. No Seks tonight.:(

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I don't agree with that. Teams without a superstar PPG forward can still win the cup. I think forward depth is much more important.

Chicago proved that when they won their last Cup. Depth won the Cup for them.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I see him as an Eriksson clone.

He seems like the exact same type of player as him.

I see the comparison. It would be awesome if Sekac could be as good as Eriksson was in his prime (before being traded to Boston and ******** the bed).

I think Sekac is faster and brings more energy though. He's exactly the type of player Plekanec needed.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bournival started playing with plekanec too and had a great start before getting hurt. I think something like 12 of his 14 points last year were with plekanec and gionta.

Bournival got Therrien'd. Unfortunately couldn't recover:

2dlk96v.jpg

Gets icetime completely taken out after a couple games.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
«Selon moi, il a la capacité d’être un marqueur de 30 buts dans cette ligue.», Jakub Voracek au sujet de Sekac.

Voracek saying Cakes has 30G potential

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
We need a PPG forward like Kane, Stamkos, etc.

That's why we aren't a top tier team due to lack of offense.

Exactly. If we had Stamkos we'd be a powerhouse. Ovechkin would work as well. A superstar forward with superstar offensive skills who can make things happen on the PP is what we need.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Exactly. If we had Stamkos we'd be a powerhouse. Ovechkin would work as well. A superstar forward with superstar offensive skills who can make things happen on the PP is what we need.

I disagree. We need a franchise centre who plays a complete game. Doesn't need to be a 50 goal scorer or a 100 pt player. If said player can get us 70-80 points while being a very responsible two-way #1 centre who is used in all situations, he'd be of more value to us than Stamkos or Ovechkin.

Hopefully Galchenyuk can be that player.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I disagree. We need a franchise centre who plays a complete game. Doesn't need to be a 50 goal scorer or a 100 pt player. If said player can get us 70-80 points while being a very responsible two-way #1 centre who is used in all situations, he'd be of more value to us than Stamkos or Ovechkin.

Hopefully Galchenyuk can be that player.

Stamkos makes all the difference between the Lightning and the Habs. Take him away and TB probably wouldn't make the playoffs. Add Ovechkin to the Habs and they easily win the division with the centers they already have.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=744022&navid=DL|MTL|home

Well, I was hoping that I could score over here, too. I always needed a lot of confidence to settle down a little bit in front of the net. I think I finally got that. You could see that in the last game,” offered Sekac, who registered the first multi-goal game of his NHL career on Friday night in a 6-2 victory over the Los Angeles Kings at the Bell Centre. “Hopefully, it’ll give me even more confidence and the goals are going to keep coming.”

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Stamkos makes all the difference between the Lightning and the Habs. Take him away and TB probably wouldn't make the playoffs. Add Ovechkin to the Habs and they easily win the division with the centers they already have.

So then what are we trading to get Ovechkin, picks? Not that we'd ever trade for Ovechkin, but what makes you think we'd be able to keep Eller, Plekanec, and Galchenyuk, who happen to be three of our more valuable players, if we were getting Ovechkin?

Yes, you are right that the Habs would be much better with Ovechkin or Stamkos, but so would every other team in the National Hockey League. There's a reason these players are highly coveted. They don't grow off trees.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Boston did fine without that kind of guys.

Yes they did. Won one cup in 40 years. One other recent final loss. That's barely better than the Leafs.

Now they're back on the decline.

Good riddance I say. Good riddance.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Yes they did. Won one cup in 40 years. One other recent final loss. That's barely better than the Leafs.

Now they're back on the decline.

Good riddance I say. Good riddance.

I mean, they were an elite team without star forwards.

You can win without them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad