GDT: The Hero We Need: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Florida Panthers, 12 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He was okay on the PK on one shift, but I really think we have a lot of players that can do what he can do. And he and Gryba out at the same time is scary.
Gryba wasn't good for sure. But it is always good to have a 4th liner who take time on the PK so you don't have to use key guys all the time.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd probably give Cory the Detroit game on Thursday. If we go with Kinkaid on Tuesday that would be 9 straight starts for him, and starting with that game we have 5 games in 8 days.
If he gets blown up by Detroit, I totally give up.

Reactions: Patrik26

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I thought Greene was a bit shoddy as well. He's been pretty decent this year, which I thought he was okay to start last year too, so I'm still concerned he might fade out down the stretch again.

Rooney and Gryba just don't belong. Don't want them on the ice with 4 minutes left following a shift where we allow a goal, at the very least.

Countless times Greene had turnovers or failed clears today.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Patty was in attendance again today. Using his retirement gift.
I wonder if the seats in the general vicinity have experienced a demand since then? You get to sit in the same section as Elias haha.

I wonder if tickets for his seat are available for games that he's not attending?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wonder if the seats in the general vicinity have experienced a demand since then? You get to sit in the same section as Elias haha.

I wonder if tickets for his seat are available for games that he's not attending?

I guess if Patty put them up for resale. Those are his seats every night. He basically owns them.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I guess if Patty put them up for resale. Those are his seats every night. He basically owns them.
Nice! It even has a 26 on it, doesn't it? I'm going by what I remember from the ceremony.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I dont think it's like that at all. I think it's more like Patty notifies the team he'll be using them, and if not, they're free to resell them.

I dont believe they'd simply take 4 seats out of inventory for every event for a lifetime.

Anyone know where he lives? I had thought he moved back to the Czech Republic.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I dont think it's like that at all. I think it's more like Patty notifies the team he'll be using them, and if not, they're free to resell them.

I dont believe they'd simply take 4 seats out of inventory for every event for a lifetime.

Anyone know where he lives? I had thought he moved back to the Czech Republic.
Apparently he splits his time between the Czech and New Jersey. I know his oldest daughter (maybe even both of them are old enough to be in school now) has to be about 8 years old now, so I wonder if they're home schooled or not, as they seem to go back and forth whenever.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Feels good to get a big win before that long road trip. This is another game where #9 and #13 just took over. #21 was certainly no passenger. Kinker looked terrific after a couple of so-so contests.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Greene was really bad today. And Hynes decided to keep riding him for the last 2-3 minutes in the third for some reason even though he really is not good anymore, especially used as much as he was today.

The team was outshot 9-5 and out attepted 22-8 when Greene was on the ice.

Severson was literally carrying him on his back today.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
as much as i wish zacha got some points today, his game compliments wood so well and i agree with a previous poster in saying the 2nd line of him and Wood looked way better without MarJo. i’m really wondering where marcus fits on this team. besides zone entries, i haven’t found a lot to love about Marcus’s offensive game in his devils tenure. it seems as though wood is way more active on that 2nd LW role.
Playing for the Caps might have hide some warts in his game and make him look better offensively as a result of teams focusing more on players like AO, Backstrom and Kuznetsov. And he's not a bad player at any means, but I was expecting more of an impact player on the offensive side of the ice. In 36 games as a Devil, Marcus has six goals and 10 assists, very meh numbers

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Playing for the Caps might have hide some warts in his game and make him look better offensively as a result of teams focusing more on players like AO, Backstrom and Kuznetsov. And he's not a bad player at any means, but I was expecting more of an impact player on the offensive side of the ice. In 36 games as a Devil, Marcus has six goals and 10 assists, very meh numbers
Yeah, I pointed that out the other day and even added his 3 playoff games to that 36 and it's still 16 points. He's definitely been disappointing, but hopefully he can get it going at some point soon, as I don't think 39 games is enough to say he's not as good as he was on the Caps, but for sure he's been a disappointment for me. Not that it's his fault he got injured. I think his mediocre start to this season is also making me a jump a bit.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Yeah, I pointed that out the other day and even added his 3 playoff games to that 36 and it's still 16 points. He's definitely been disappointing, but hopefully he can get it going at some point soon, as I don't think 39 games is enough to say he's not as good as he was on the Caps, but for sure he's been a disappointment for me. Not that it's his fault he got injured. I think his mediocre start to this season is also making me a jump a bit.
His first 10 games last season before he got hurt he had 3 goals and 2 assists, but he had 2 goals and an assist in the second game of the season, so those next 8 games before his injury - goal and an assist. His numbers in his first 7 games of this season - goal and an assist.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
His first 10 games last season before he got hurt has had 3 goals and 2 assists, but he had 2 goals and an assist in the second game of the season, so those next 8 games before his injury - goal and an assist. His numbers in his first 7 games of this season - goal and an assist.

Was his first 10 on a new team. Not every adjusts right away.

Reactions: Billdo

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Zacha is pretty good. He doesn't have linemates that really complement him.

Beyond that, his 2 way game is fantastic. Zajac gets treated amazingly here but he only scored points when playing with people that complemented his style.
Ehh. I know we’re supposed to chide TZ for his offense here, but I think he’s still better than PZ as of this moment. I do sincerely hope that changes soon, because we really need it to but it is what it is in real time.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Was his first 10 on a new team. Not every adjusts right away.
I really don't know how big of a deal that is, you see players come out hot out of the gate with a new team and light it up. But it's also about who is on your line as well. But it is a small number and I'm not writing him off, just making note that his production is light....and it is.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I believe there were 3 times i thought Zacha was going to get points in the game and it didnt happen.

He made a beauty of a pass cross ice on the PP later in the game and it wasnt finished. I believe there was a tip that was just wide or something as well. I dunno, maybe hits him, it does seem very JJ like, where he seems to be soooo close but it just doesnt happen offensively. I think they should give him more time on the PP. No way he isnt gripping the stick a little harder then normal right now. Just needs to get those first points hopefully everything else comes along after that.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Countless times Greene had turnovers or failed clears today.
And countless times he separated the puck carrier from the puck and started a transition. He's 36 years old and playing a massive workload because he has to. I am willing to give Andy Greene a lot more leadway than probably most on this board are willing to.

Cause when I see a 36 year old Dman holding down the fort and has been for the last 8 years while playing a tremendous workload I expect cracks to eventually show ...and the fact that he has to shoulder that workload is the fault of management, not his.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Zacha is clearly noticeably very strong two way. I honestly think they should groom him into the next zajac. Hes fully capable of being that - especially strength wise and so responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad