GDT: The Hero We Need: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Florida Panthers, 12 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
the amount of *****ing about Zacha is unbelivable. He had a good game and we won the ****ing game, which is all that matters anyway, my god. Now Im just waiting for the inevitable re-hashing of the 2015 draft and the whining about Barzal

He couldn't have had a good game, he didn't Put Up Points, and that's what defines a good game.

Reactions: oxman44

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Always outstanding to beat FLA, which doesn't happen too often.
Thrilled they got the two points.

However, a lot of warts today.

Starting with overall hockey sense at the blue lines and of course the struggle to break out of the zone again.

I just finished watching, will post more observations later.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
as much as i wish zacha got some points today, his game compliments wood so well and i agree with a previous poster in saying the 2nd line of him and Wood looked way better without MarJo. i’m really wondering where marcus fits on this team. besides zone entries, i haven’t found a lot to love about Marcus’s offensive game in his devils tenure. it seems as though wood is way more active on that 2nd LW role.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Back from the game, post Dinosaur BBQ and a Trader Joe's pit-stop. Pretty low on entertainment value I must say, but at least they won. Frankly, this game may have been more concerning than the Predators game, they just dont seem to be able to shut it down. Not to mention the endangered kitties were VERY unlucky with posts, etc...

Also, this was another game where the refs called everything in the first 20 or 30 minutes, then chose a completely different standard for the latter parts of the game. The lack of officiating consistency is really getting annoying from a fan perspective.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I feel bad for Zacha. He's clearly trying and wants to contribute but for whatever reason he just can't turn it into production on the scoresheet.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
zGHQb4O.gif

Reactions: NorwegianDevil

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Back from the game, post Dinosaur BBQ and a Trader Joe's pit-stop. Pretty low on entertainment value I must say, but at least they won. Frankly, this game may have been more concerning than the Predators game, they just dont seem to be able to shut it down. Not to mention the endangered kitties were VERY unlucky with posts, etc...

Also, this was another game where the refs called everything in the first 20 or 30 minutes, then chose a completely different standard for the latter parts of the game. The lack of officiating consistency is really getting annoying from a fan perspective.

Situational team defense is maybe the biggest issue with this team. 4th game in a row where they got way too loose in the third.

It just didn’t cost them points this time.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Good points, we were fortunate to get the bounces today. We played much better vs Nash

Refs were bad as usual

Linesmen kick someone out every faceoff, frustrating

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid had a really good game, as much as I thought he stunk last game. I think Cory is probably gonna be at least dressed for this trip and probably in Tampa on Tuesday night, unless they want him to go back to Binghamton for more games. He was there today, so he's probably done in Binghamton.

Id play Keith until he has a couple games in a row like that Nashville game, unless it's a back to back and they start Cory in one of those.

Reactions: tr83 and GameSeven

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good start to the season, kk has played well (prob bleed would tell you different or that every goals weak). Still things to work on but clean that up and we should be in good shaoe
Nope. Definitely won't say different. I don't really think he had a chance on either of those goals.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gryba and Rooney were both glaring weak spots. Rooney had a nice move on the PK at one point, but that's about it.

Gryba is almost as bad as Seth Helgeson, which is almost hard to believe.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zacha is pretty good. He doesn't have linemates that really complement him.

Beyond that, his 2 way game is fantastic. Zajac gets treated amazingly here but he only scored points when playing with people that complemented his style.
I don't know, Zajac seemed to score points pretty well when he got slotted with Kalinin and all his deadweight and lack of skill.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Kinkaid had a really good game, as much as I thought he stunk last game. I think Cory is probably gonna be at least dressed for this trip and probably in Tampa on Tuesday night, unless they want him to go back to Binghamton for more games. He was there today, so he's probably done in Binghamton.

Id play Keith until he has a couple games in a row like that Nashville game, unless it's a back to back and they start Cory in one of those.

I'd probably give Cory the Detroit game on Thursday. If we go with Kinkaid on Tuesday that would be 9 straight starts for him, and starting with that game we have 5 games in 8 days.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Gryba and Rooney were both glaring weak spots. Rooney had a nice move on the PK at one point, but that's about it.

Rooney, Gryba and Greene were our worst players today.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I thought Rooney looked pretty good on the PK.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rooney, Gryba and Greene were our worst players today.
I thought Greene was a bit shoddy as well. He's been pretty decent this year, which I thought he was okay to start last year too, so I'm still concerned he might fade out down the stretch again.

Rooney and Gryba just don't belong. Don't want them on the ice with 4 minutes left following a shift where we allow a goal, at the very least.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought Rooney looked pretty good on the PK.
He was okay on the PK on one shift, but I really think we have a lot of players that can do what he can do. And he and Gryba out at the same time is scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad