GDT: The Hero We Need: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Florida Panthers, 12 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
There seems to be a formula to this...

Kieth in the first, solid second and then hold on or dear life in the third.

Reactions: MartyOwns

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
4 ppg for hall/hischier/palms. no reason to break that line up. also, how is hischier so good at drawing penalties? at least one a game.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Good start to the season, kk has played well (prob bleed would tell you different or that every goals weak). Still things to work on but clean that up and we should be in good shaoe

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
We're lucky we won that game. Panthers hit 4 posts and didn't score on any of their breakaways or 2 on 1s. This game could've easily been a 5-3 loss. I'll take it though

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
We're lucky we won that game. Panthers hit 4 posts and didn't score on any of their breakaways or 2 on 1s. This game could've easily been a 5-3 loss. I'll take it though

The Devils had 2 breakaways in the 3rd period and Zacha had a puck roll off his stick on an open net.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's really amazing the difference Stone Hands makes to this team. Right now we have no one to replace his impact. Hopefully Zacha can become that player one day, but it's not there yet.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Zacha does not have the mentality to be good at scoring. I saw that third period turtle coming from a mile away and occupied my mind with something else, and I ended up being right.

But I’m complaining for the sake of it. We have our problems but most of our rivals seem to have it worse. When we’re on our game, we’re fun to watch and hard to play against.

Reactions: theoptimist

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Detroit, Brooklyn, and Ottawa should all be wins. Winnipeg and Pittsburgh are toss-ups, though I do like how we stack up against them. Tampa and Toronto will be tough.

I think my bar is at 7 points. 8 and over would be nice. Double digits would be wild.

It really sucks that my only realistic way to see the Devils play live is to go watch them play in Tampa. Why do they have to be so good the past 5 or so years?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Zacha looks like a swing and a miss pick unfortunately. Luckily this team is still very talented. But a top 6 player Zacha is not, at least now. Closer to a 4th line center than a second line center.

It's pretty easy to be fooled by randomness, especially early in the season. I don't think Zacha will be a top 60 scoring center at ES or close to it this season, but he's better than his results.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
the amount of bitching about Zacha is unbelivable. He had a good game and we won the f***ing game, which is all that matters anyway, my god. Now Im just waiting for the inevitable re-hashing of the 2015 draft and the whining about Barzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany