The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Being a mod doesn't require professionalism. Hell, I'm half certain most of our mods do their moderating in the nude. They give no ****s.
lol, yep, had beers with that mod when we did our first meet up years back - DHF not a suit and tie kind of guy, same here...it is refreshing to have mods not act above everyone, the Jets board was the same - if you say something stupid or have a notorious poster that bitches about the clouds, they lay into them as well. not sure where this narrative comes from that mods on a free chat site have to be "professional?" hahahaha

we spend tons of time talking with each other over the years, I would hope mods can lay into us as well and vice versa when it applies...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Outside of Panarin who has flourished elsewhere?
Johns, Leddy, and Danault right off the top of my head played better when traded...Johns obviously didn't have much of a shot here, but he has been great for the Stars - I actually get to watch him every game as well out here. Leddy was solid with us and just kept it going in Long Island despite plus/minus stats lol! and Danault, yeah he looks good up North.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If Kempny was just another guy 4D who we can "easily repkace"at $2.6 per forv4 years ;then we should not pay Ian Cole or any other of that kind of dime a dozen 4 D anymore than $2.5 for 4
..right?But of course we would overpay to get the same type of players and impact ...Cause that is what we always do ..

As for Wahibgton will regret signing him as he will regress back to his flaws with us argument ...uh...no..he did exactly what he wax supousedvto do especially playing with Carlsson as they seemed to fit each other in a complimentary style..And to those who pointed out that Seabrook fit best with Kempny as pairing partner,it just proves that while Kempny is no star ,that is not his role...just be a complimentary support to help and compliment the RD he is paired with in the 5x5 play ...But Q instead kept thinking g he had to find a #4 who was more starry and points producing I guess...Help in Seabrook look one t was apiarently not in the Q mindset.
ON the other hand...Seabrook is no longer a "star" while Carlsson obviously is...

So noway Kempny would look as good in a 4D role with us because he was saddled with Seabrook NY way. .Paired with Carlsson ,he compliments and helps the "star". play with the effect a star should...or
at least not to be meh or worse when Carlson was paired with Kempny ..

Maybe an Ian Cole could help Seabrook to be a bit netter than me and not be incompetent..but would he sign for $2.5 per?Would Q bench him anyway because he expects his 4th D to produce more offense?

The real problem is Q..who cannot fit what he is given into an effective system of complimentary effective players ..Instead we got a mess of mis-fits on lines and paring because he wanted everyone to fit to his ideals instead of constructing the best complimentary support lines and d-pairs...in other words...Q never adjustable sts his systems to what he has to work with. ..instead he tries adjusting what he has to work with to his ideal system that he thinks is supreme.. He thus fails....

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Johns, Leddy, and Danault right off the top of my head played better when traded...Johns obviously didn't have much of a shot here, but he has been great for the Stars - I actually get to watch him every game as well out here. Leddy was solid with us and just kept it going in Long Island despite plus/minus stats lol! and Danault, yeah he looks good up North.

You can LOL all you want but Leddy was a joke this past year and when a defender is -42 and the next worst defender on team is -8 that says enough

He also hasn't replicated the success of his first year on Island as he has regressed back to norm defensively

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You can LOL all you want but Leddy was a joke this past year and when a defender is -42 and the next worst defender on team is -8 that says enough

He also hasn't replicated the success of his first year on Island as he has regressed back to norm defensively
most Isles fans do not think so, the joke was there was absolutely ZERO system in place for the Isles. And when you have a team giving up that many goals, the guy who is on the ice the most which was Leddy is going to get most of the ugly plus/minus...but nice try yet again...most Isles fans I have talked to this year do not call Leddy a joke or close to it, just over used on a bad defensive team. Sure the Isles board has a few BWC's on it as well, but the rest see things far differently than what you stated.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He is a punk and it is a tad high but I think McPhee has proven that he knows what he's doing. N'est pas?
No, because its not like every move is awarded praise because you do good ones. Tatar is enough of a reason to criticize that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad