The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Kempny is paid 37% of Seabrook's ANNUAL salary. You know what's worse? Kempny's contract is for 4 years. Seabrook has 6 years left on his. That's the travesty.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Caps will regret that one

Like Pirri and Hayes he will prove to be fluke and regress to AHL/NHL tweener he is

Amazing I don't see the Pirri/Hayes cheerleaders around anymore

I remember when Pirri was going to haunt Hawks for a generation according to some around here

Guy was top 4 because Hawks D was #### and the more Kempny played the more he made mistakes

Offensive instinct mean nothing when your the cause of constant odd man rushes and breakaways that your goalie must bail out team from

Please show where anyone claimed that Pirri would haunt the Hawks for a generation.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Again....small sample size paired a lot with Carlson. Let's see what he looks like for a full season in Washington and let's see what how the Hawks fill out their roster. I would rather have Moore, DeHann, or Hickey for a little more money then Kempny (especially if coach Qlueless won't play him anyways).

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's still a pain in the ass when he plays against my Pigs.
He Didnt even have a point in the playoffs =D

Kempny got the hawks the 3rd they packaged with the 5th from Panarins trade to get Norgren.

Its at least something as no reason he should of stayed

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
He Didnt even have a point in the playoffs =D

Kempny got the hawks the 3rd they packaged with the 5th from Panarins trade to get Norgren.

Its at least something as no reason he should of stayed

I will bask in that first round playoff series forever. I hate the stupid Wolves lol.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You say wild things and never back them up. Caps fans all love him and he just won the cup playing as a 4D on a cup winner.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You say wild things and never back them up. Caps fans all love him and he just won the cup playing as a 4D on a cup winner.

We loved Handzus in 2013 and he won cup playing #2C

Sure changed a lot within a year for many of you

And people loved Emery here and he flopped away from Chicago when he departed via UFA and fans hated Troy Brouwer here while fans hated him everywhere else as well

We shall see how things go with Kempny but I am not missing him nor will I miss him especially not with that contract

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

And people loved Emery here and he flopped away from Chicago when he departed via UFA and fans hated Troy Brouwer here while fans hated him everywhere else as well

We shall see how things go with Kempny but I am not missing him nor will I miss him especially not with that contract
Its .2 more than Ruuta.

I'm not "missing" him here because its irrelevant with Q around. Troy Brouwer wasn't hated by caps or blues fans much. In Calgary now that hes old and broke yes. Same to Zeus.

Kempny may struggle if they need him to pk but his price is cheap. You're strangely evaluating pay to think 2.5 is a lot.

Even if hes only good paired with Carlson and not on any special teams role, that's a good price for that being a steady pick mover helping the explosive dman.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

We didn't like Handzus after he played bad, not after he played good? and He got overused by your HOF boyfriend.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's fine. Q has one more year of pushing talented puck-moving D out of the organization before he's finally, mercifully fired and the team can start moving in the right direction again.

Though if Stan is going to keep doing shit like signing Cam ****ing Ward to 2.5mil contracts, I'd be fine with him walking out the door right behind him. But in fairness, he deserves at least some time with a coach he actually hired, rather than dealing with an obstinate fool totally unwilling to adjust to the trends of the modern NHL for which Stan is obviously drafting.

Good for Kempny though. That's the important thing. It's always great to see a guy overcome being mistreated and find success. Caps got a good one on a sweetheart deal. Meanwhile the Blackhawks will be paying the same cap hit that the Caps are for a legit top4 dman, for a **** backup goaltender.

Sometimes karma seems real.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Reirdan to be named HC, the man responsible with their D and trusted Kempny to make mistakes but play through it.

Kempny took less than he could of got but If he left he might if run into coaches like Q over his Trotz/Reirdan treated him.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I am sick of seeing this thread. The hawks used to take everyone's trash and turn it into diamonds. Now it appears every year we give up talent and it flourishes somewhere else.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I am sick of seeing this thread. The hawks used to take everyone's trash and turn it into diamonds. Now it appears every year we give up talent and it flourishes somewhere else.
Yes. When you're a top talent you can easier slide a lower guy play him with better talent and make them look good.

I guess this thread 3 years ago was more schadenfreude and now it's people bickering why that player doing x elsewhere is stans or Qs fault.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
We didn't like Handzus after he played bad, not after he played good? and He got overused by your HOF boyfriend.

Just to add to this nobody was really excited about re-signing him. It wasn't a bad signing for a depth center. The problem was Q would rather Kane go 60 games without scoring with him than move him to the bottom 6.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Again....small sample size paired a lot with Carlson. Let's see what he looks like for a full season in Washington and let's see what how the Hawks fill out their roster. I would rather have Moore, DeHann, or Hickey for a little more money then Kempny (especially if coach Qlueless won't play him anyways).
The Hawks could have had Kempny AND Moore, Dehann, or Hickey if they wanted lol. And something tells me the Caps aren't going to be breaking him and Carlson up any time soon.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
The Hawks could have had Kempny AND Moore, Dehann, or Hickey if they wanted lol. And something tells me the Caps aren't going to be breaking him and Carlson up any time soon.
They don't have a choice, unless they want Djoos there.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Kempny.. gets underrated and overrated here at the same time.

He's a perfect complement to an elite Defender like Carlson. Mobile, athletic, plays the game the "new way". Works very well with the Caps team. I'd say he's a #5, but if you pair a #5 with a legit bonafide #1, you have yourself a decent pairing.

Also with Orlov-Niskanen as their 'shutdown pairing', it makes Kempny-Carlson work much better.

Keith at his peak, was able to form a decent pairing with Runblad, TVR, and Rozsival at times.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He can wheel, with a good shot and can play physical. He’s literally what we hope half of our good D prospects show at the NHL level, maybe hope they come with more defensive instincts. The guys not Bobby Orr but there was definitely a spot on this team for him nightly last season, and next.

Q blew it. Playing 8 D was the problem. Constantly scratching guys nightly for simple mistakes is not a way to play. It’s the same in every sport and every position. Goalies, quarterbacks, etc.

Reactions: bwana63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad