The Great Michal Kempny Debate (& other ex-Hawks) Volume 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
People used the same argument to defend Q stupidity. Appeal to authority doesn’t do much for me.

People use that to make their own case but then argue against it in other cases.

Even the best execs in all of sports make bad calls. That Reaves contract is a bad call. Period.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hino was sort of the same way. The guy is 22. At 650k there is no way to lose on that deal.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It will be interesting to see if Duclair can reach his potential with better coaching. One thing certain, Torts will not tolerate a one-dimensional floater.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He have enough guys that can take Duke's role (Ejdsell, Kunitz, Kahun). Didn't make sense keep him.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He have enough guys that can take Duke's role (Ejdsell, Kunitz, Kahun). Didn't make sense keep him.

I wouldn't have minded if Duclair was given more time in RFD if necessary. I just find it difficult to give up so easily on a kid with his skill, when he can be re-signed for league minimum.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
It will be interesting to see if Duclair can reach his potential with better coaching. One thing certain, Torts will not tolerate a one-dimensional floater.
Exactly. Which is why Duclair, by the time the all star break hits, will be in the press box more often than not.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
why did stan ever trade for duclair to begin with?

Because he overpaid for Panik based on one anomalous season where his sh% spiked, then had to get rid of it when he regressed back to what he was. Plenty of people on this board hated that deal the moment the numbers came out, others were all 'size!' and 'power forward!' etc.

Duclair wanted out of Arizona, and they were willing to take Panik for him. It was a cap clear with potential upside in Duclair.

Why they didn't just re-sign him as an RFA is another matter. IMO it absolutely would have been better to pay Duclaire 1mil or less for a season than to pay Kunitz 1mil for a season.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Panik was making like 2.25 mil right? Not much of a cap hit to save. But I guess that makes sense. I would have rather had just kept him and hoped he turned it around again. 1.5 million in cap savings doesn't seem like much to me when you arent up against it.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I guess it ended up being more like 1.25 when you pay kunitz a mil.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Panik was making like 2.25 mil right? Not much of a cap hit to save. But I guess that makes sense. I would have rather had just kept him and hoped he turned it around again. 1.5 million in cap savings doesn't seem like much to me when you arent up against it.

2.8 mil.

Reactions: Crow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->