The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Lehner not so much though

I dont get why he's playing. The wild game 7 was 2 days ago. Not like back to back so why "rest" Fleury
Most likely he played because DeBoer knew Vegas was going to get blown the hell up, and didnt want to subject his number one to the onslaught.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I mean, we will still have Zadorov or assets from him, Avs will probably not have anything.

Always a lame excuse, or we could have resigned him? Or how about the excuse for Panrin for Saad was that Saad had two more years in his contract? Wasnt that a failure of a trade because Saad only stayed for 3 years and one was a horrendous year and we got a Zodorov for him which looked horrible in the second half of the year. I would take Panarin at his current contract, who wouldn’t? We were robbed of incredible years of Panarin/Kane combo, we not only were robbed of the incredible duo but the team has been garbage and that move made the team worse short term and long term, the team has done nothing so far, even this year was meh, there is no guarantee next year won’t be the same or the year after or the year after that, there isn’t that promising of an improvement, there just isn’t but most will stay in denial. How is Stan still on the helm just blows my mind.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Always a lame excuse, or we could have resigned him? Or how about the excuse for Panrin for Saad was that Saad had two more years in his contract? Wasnt that a failure of a trade because Saad only stayed for 3 years and one was a horrendous year and we got a Zodorov for him which looked horrible in the second half of the year. I would take Panarin at his current contract, who wouldn’t? We were robbed of incredible years of Panarin/Kane combo, we not only were robbed of the incredible duo but the team has been garbage and that move made the team worse short term and long term, the team has done nothing so far, even this year was meh, there is no guarantee next year won’t be the same or the year after or the year after that, there isn’t that promising of an improvement, there just isn’t but most will stay in denial. How is Stan still on the helm just blows my mind.
Pretty sure I didnt comment on the Panarin for Saad trade, or on Bowman himself.

As for re-signing Saad, no thanks.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Well speaking of UFAs not that significant but key, Danault is onto round 2 and hey, at least the bad trade delayed the "new" Hawks from winning

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its a damn shame we rarely saw this Saad in his 2nd time with team (Largely since team sucked and missed playoffs all but last year)

Goal in 5th straight game

Avalanche won that trade and Saad playoff run is going to get him another big deal as FA if he wants it (Could return to Avs if he takes less)

Reactions: BobbyJet

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
TT is just unbelievable, that trade was horrendous from day fricking one, Stan should have been fired the day he made it, just an insane passer, Kane level s***.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
TT is just unbelievable, that trade was horrendous from day fricking one, Stan should have been fired the day he made it, just an insane passer, Kane level s***.

Teuvo Time's no look, back to the play, skate deflection pass up ice to a streaking Aho for a score yesterday's game, one of the ten best passes I've ever seen - in 50+ years of watching hockey. I'm still not sure it wasn't just accidental b/c it was just too good to be on purpose.

Love too watching him & Aho play the top twosome on a PK. Sticks in lanes, angles taken, and always looking to break it going the other way for a possible SHG. Just two beauties at playing puck.

Reactions: Blackhawks

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Teuvo Time's no look, back to the play, skate deflection pass up ice to a streaking Aho for a score yesterday's game, one of the ten best passes I've ever seen - in 50+ years of watching hockey. I'm still not sure it wasn't just accidental b/c it was just too good to be on purpose.

Love too watching him & Aho play the top twosome on a PK. Sticks in lanes, angles taken, and always looking to break it going the other way for a possible SHG. Just two beauties at playing puck.

Ya that something else, I didn’t believe it was an intended pass either at first hut at the same time it had to be, just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad