The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Highmore was great in the bubble last season...not even going to think about how good he could be...ugh, Tyler Motte all over again, but everyone needs to remember Bowman found him
Motte really isn't anything remotely special. He's got 33 points in the last 3 seasons(132 GP) while missing a lot of time with injuries. I doubt Highmore will ever even match that production.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
In the playoffs is definitely where Saad picks up his all around game a bit more.

Saad is also at his best when he is a complimentary piece. He plays a simple heavier game that is north south. Does he leave something to be desired at times? 100%.

He is a lot better fit for a playoff contender than a rebuilding team.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Have y'all seen the report from NY Post that Q wants the Seattle job? People on the boards have dismissed it but something about it is getting my spidey sense tingling.

Q is no longer working with the GM that hired him and we know how he loves those Hartford connections.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I dont see why Q at this point in his career would leave Florida for a team starting from scratch

Only argument would be he gets to be part of history of building up a team in Seattle and that it would provide him a chance to see team built entirely the way he and GM envision from ground up

I just dont see Larry Brooks having those type of connections that this story is true.. If it was a Rangers linked story or even Isles/Devils I would buy it more but to me it seems all hypothetical and largely just something for Brooks to write about since he doesn't have much else to cover right now

If Torts was still in Columbus he would be talking about how "Torts has failed , etc" given the feud those two have long had

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I dont see why Q at this point in his career would leave Florida for a team starting from scratch

Only argument would be he gets to be part of history of building up a team in Seattle and that it would provide him a chance to see team built entirely the way he and GM envision from ground up

I just dont see Larry Brooks having those type of connections that this story is true.. If it was a Rangers linked story or even Isles/Devils I would buy it more but to me it seems all hypothetical and largely just something for Brooks to write about since he doesn't have much else to cover right now

If Torts was still in Columbus he would be talking about how "Torts has failed , etc" given the feud those two have long had
If things aren't great with Zito and Q doesn't think Florida will spend to compete. That Bob contract is a big problem and I don't think it was Q's choice to play Yandle all season.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Both Q and Zito dont like Yandle

Zito was trying to trade him but that contract sucks on top of Yandle being complete disaster so its pretty much unmovable

But look at guys Zito brought in like Wennberg , Bennett , Forsling , Duclair , etc .. All productive so its clear Zito has eye for talent and I haven't heard any issues between Q and Zito

I would say given players brought in by Zito that he and Q are largely on same page of players they want and its clear with pickups such as Forsling and Duclair that Q had say in bringing them in

Reactions: Muffinalt

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL

I'll never understand this argument, especially from someone who hasn't spent any time in the position or level.

"At this point in his career" why WOULDN'T he? What else does Q have to prove? Everyone talks like Seattle won't be relevant for years. How'd that turn out for Vegas?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'll never understand this argument, especially from someone who hasn't spent any time in the position or level.

"At this point in his career" why WOULDN'T he? What else does Q have to prove? Everyone talks like Seattle won't be relevant for years. How'd that turn out for Vegas?
The whole league f***ed up with Vegas, that won't happen again.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
kinda crazy with all the trouble we have on D the amount of old hawks in the playoffs

Gus, Ruuta, Leddy, Forsling, TVR prob more??

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
kinda crazy with all the trouble we have on D the amount of old hawks in the playoffs

Gus, Ruuta, Leddy, Forsling, TVR prob more??

The Hawks D sucks right now but I don’t think we’re missing out too much on any of those guys. Forsling looks to have turned things around which is awesome to see. Rutta is solid too. Haven’t thought of Nick Leddy once since we traded him though.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Sucks for draft pick purposes (lower pick now) but happy for Vegas fans. Janmark was a very solid signing for us and his play has translated quite well for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad