The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Not sure how people cheer for certain teams other than the Hawks. I cheer for certain teams to lose.
You must have really looked forward to the playoffs in recent years. :sarcasm:
Personally, I find it interesting how other GM's build and tweak their team to be playoff competitive. Historically, we have seen a variety of styles ... some effective, others not so much.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Personally, I find it interesting how other GM's build and tweak their team to be playoff competitive. Historically, we have seen a variety of styles ... some effective, others not so much.
Not really, I still watch the odd game, but I have no rooting interest, and could care less who wins.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Don’t mention other GMs that’s frowned upon, we could be in 2025 and Hawks still havnt made the playoffs yet a poll majority here would still want to give Bowman 2-3 years to turn the ship around and the rest of us would be looked as ungrateful children for having 3 cups 10+ years back…

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Don’t mention other GMs that’s frowned upon, we could be in 2025 and Hawks still havnt made the playoffs yet a poll majority here would still want to give Bowman 2-3 years to turn the ship around and the rest of us would be looked as ungrateful children for having 3 cups 10+ years back…
Stan's the teflon man.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

This is not remotely true. There were a few polls on this during the season showing you are wrong, again. Very few would care if Bowman is let go (I would not care).

Only thing true is that people would view you as an ungrateful child still.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Danault 1st star last night.
Turns out DZ FOs at crunch time matter. Go figure ...
And he WAS strong on those puck drops.
Bon travail monsieur centreman.

PS - I can't believe I'm cheering on the Habs; time heals all wounds I guess ...
Funny enough, I find myself cheering for Habs as well. I have a soft spot for underdogs, a respect for Carey Price and I like a few of their young studs.
Danault was a total beast defensively. Broke up so many plays on the backcheck. Huge defensive efforts.

I’m in the same position regarding the Canadiens. For so many years I absolutely hated them. Broke my heart twice losing to them in the Stanley Cup finals. Can’t help but root for them right now.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This is not remotely true. There were a few polls on this during the season showing you are wrong, again. Very few would care if Bowman is let go (I would not care).

Seriously, why would an avid Hawks fan not care that their team has been mismanaged for years?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Says the guy that has never dhown any real frustration with Stan’s countless number of brain dead moves where he flat out got slaughtered…

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Says the guy that has never dhown any real frustration with Stan’s countless number of brain dead moves where he flat out got slaughtered…

This is not remotely true. I am just not a spaz.

There is bigger shit to worry about in life, like work, family, and driving Par 4s.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

There is bigger shit to worry about in life, like work, family, and driving Par 4s (putting really though).

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

There is bigger shit to worry about in life, like work, family, and driving Par 4s (putting really though).

You spend half of your life on these board what on earth are you talking about, if you didn’t worry about hockey you wouldn’t post here sometimes 100 times per day lol, yes you have hit 100 at times, I am rarely here but when horrendous moves are made how can you not be frustrated? Are you a die hard fan or not, you are like a die hard that spends 50% of his day on these boards but when his hero stan makes a bad move he’s calm and relaxed then lol

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You spend half of your life on these board what on earth are you talking about, if you didn’t worry about hockey you wouldn’t post here sometimes 100 times per day lol, yes you have hit 100 at times, I am rarely here but when horrendous moves are made how can you not be frustrated? Are you a die hard fan or not, you are like a die hard that spends 50% of his day on these boards but when his hero stan makes a bad move he’s calm and relaxed then lol

Just making shit up again. Lol. I mean it is just kind of pathetic how bad you want attention to be honest.

I love hockey and the Blackhawks, that is why I post along with the community being solid (minus you to be honest as I feel you bring zero value).

I am more angry that my season tickets are worth way more than their value like they used to be.

Last edited:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Just making shit up again. Lol. I mean it is just kind of pathetic how bad you want attention to be honest.

I love hockey and the Blackhawks, that is why I post along with the community being solid (minus you to be honest as I feel you bring zero value).

I am more angry that my season tickets are worth way more than their value like they used to be.

The day you remove your hero from your avatar is the day I will respect anything you or his many apologists on these boards say, fans who think they know hockey but are so hypnotized by homerism and blind love for people or entities even when results are not there and havnt been there for a very long time…

Reactions: BobbyJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The day you remove your hero from your avatar is the day I will respect anything you or his many apologists on these boards say, fans who think they know hockey but are so hypnotized by homerism and blind love for people or entities even when results are not there and havnt been there for a very long time…

Woooooosh….

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
We saw the same waffling from rosies when it was obvious that Q needed to go.
When Stan finally is promoted/fired the same group will say it was necessary. Until then they will continue with blind support for a GM who should have been gone years ago.

Reactions: Blackhawks

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Who are these people?
Those who refused to see that Q's time was up in Chicago and now are doing the thing with Stan. IMO, Stan should have been gone before or at the same time as the firing of Q. Rosies keep hanging on to the futility of Stan spinning his wheels. Now he wants to trade Dach away, apparently.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Those who refused to see that Q's time was up in Chicago and now are doing the thing with Stan. IMO, Stan should have been gone before or at the same time as the firing of Q. Rosies!
I dont know of literally anyone that fits the description of both thinking Qs time wasn't up reasonably that doesn't think Bowman needs to be gone.

I do not personally know nor online know anyone I can say fits that description.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I dont know of literally anyone that fits the description of both thinking Qs time wasn't up reasonably that doesn't think Bowman needs to be gone.

I do not personally know nor online know anyone I can say fits that description.

Well, since you mentioned it... yes, Q was kept on to the point where even his die-hard fans began to doubt the wiseness of him there. But why did it take so frigging long for these folks to see the writing on the wall? It's happening again, only at the GM position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad