The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I hate the returns we got from Saad (both times), but if there are any Avs players that I'm fine with killing it this postseason, it's soon to be free agents like him. Wanna see them wind up in cap hell trying to keep their cup contending core.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Avs gotta pay Landeskog. Saad is going elsewhere.
Yeah sure, but he's had, what, a 6 game goal streak in these playoffs? They let him walk and they'd need to luck out with someone else replacing that offense.

No matter what, next year's Avs team will (or at least should) take a hit.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yeah sure, but he's had, what, a 6 game goal streak in these playoffs? They let him walk and they'd need to luck out with someone else replacing that offense.

No matter what, next year's Avs team will (or at least should) take a hit.
The big hit is going to be when MacKinnon comes off that sweetheart deal. It's the best contract in hockey. Hopefully the Hawks can do something similar with Dach.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Saad will sign in Pittsburgh

He should sign in Toronto but they'll probably sign Paul Stastny HAH!

But I'd love to see Saad back in Chitown!

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Seven former Hawks in the final four

VEG
Lehner, Janmark and Sikura

TB
Rutta

NYI
Leddy

MTL
Danault and Gustafsson

To me MTL and Gustafsson would follow the path of Trevor Daley, Michael Kempny and Jan Rutta...or maybe TB and Rutta again matches Daley?

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Seven former Hawks in the final four

VEG
Lehner, Janmark and Sikura

TB
Rutta

NYI
Leddy

MTL
Danault and Gustafsson

To me MTL and Gustafsson would follow the path of Trevor Daley, Michael Kempny and Jan Rutta...or maybe TB and Rutta again matches Daley?

It'd be nice to see the Montreal or Vegas former Hawks get a cup as Rutta and Leddy already have one.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Just curious what y'all thought of how Saad played in the playoffs. Was interesting because when the Hawks traded him a lot of anonymous scouts were really low on him. Critical of his play, drive etc.

But then he was great in the playoffs. Was this Saad playing for a contract?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Just curious what y'all thought of how Saad played in the playoffs. Was interesting because when the Hawks traded him a lot of anonymous scouts were really low on him. Critical of his play, drive etc.

But then he was great in the playoffs. Was this Saad playing for a contract?
Saad two time Cup winner, multi 20 goal seasons, dependable both ways, would be welcome back in Chitown...but in all fairness was a rental for the Avs, at least we got something for him...a tradeable asset in Zadorov...
I say he's Pittsburgh bound

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Danault 1st star last night.
Turns out DZ FOs at crunch time matter. Go figure ...
And he WAS strong on those puck drops.
Bon travail monsieur centreman.

PS - I can't believe I'm cheering on the Habs; time heals all wounds I guess ...

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Danault 1st star last night.
Turns out DZ FOs at crunch time matter. Go figure ...
And he WAS strong on those puck drops.
Bon travail monsieur centreman.

PS - I can't believe I'm cheering on the Habs; time heals all wounds I guess ...
Funny enough, I find myself cheering for Habs as well. I have a soft spot for underdogs, a respect for Carey Price and I like a few of their young studs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I cheer for certain teams to do well when Hawks aren't

For instance I would have been happy for Panther and Hurricane fans if one of those teams won cup

I will be happy for Isles or Knight fans if they win cup at this point

Reactions: d rake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad