Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Keep Your Cats Spayed or Neutered

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The less he plays, the worse he looks, this team will fall off the cliff again if Krueger uses Risto and McCabe for 25 minutes per night. We have one of the best players in the team, as well as the league, but he plays little time, that won't work.

I don't disagree, I think he needs more than 13 minutes of 5v5 time. But the last 2 games have been pretty rough for him.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Bad:
- Krueger has been overdoing it shortening the bench. It contributed to losing to the Blue Jackets and caused us to give a point to Florida here. These guys are gonna be dead before the second half of the season.

It's caught up with him pretty quick now. Hopeful he learns. Would like to see a move to help before the west coast swing.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't disagree, I think he needs more than 13 minutes of 5v5 time. But the last 2 games have been pretty rough for him.
He should play more. Only through playing practice can he learn something.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
A few takeaways:

Goods

Linus Ullmark was fantastic. Didn’t like the 1st goal but he made so many fantastic and timely saves. Great performance.

Jojo is still a stud and getting better at face offs. 2nd line center solved for cheap too.

Krueger has built belief and that can be a competitive advantage.

Okposo still is overpaid but credit to him for finding and embracing a role. That line has been great.

Scandella is much improved and Jokiharju has been great with him.

Needing Improvement

Desperately need more scoring depth. Risto needs to be traded for not a 1st rounder but a Top 6 forward. Risto has all the physical tools but he doesn’t put it together because he doesn’t think the game at a high enough level.

ERod is overrated around here. Sobotka and Vesey are getting by but we need more from them and Mittelstadt and that entire forward group.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I thought KO was fantastic. I'm so glad he has found a niche and is helping this team in a positive way.

Dahlin is 19, Joker 20. So much potential but there will be blips and taking it slow with them is only going to help. Joker has been great so far but he might hit a rough patch.

Ullmark was strong. Hoffman shooting from that spot is tough for any keeper. Although Linus was down early, he got up but that was a bomb.

Hopefully Mitts play and OT and shootout can boost his confidence a bit. Would have loved to see him score on the breakaway off the beauty Joker feed.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
G: Mitts looked awesome, scandella saved our bacon a few times, Eichel had some amazing shifts with the puck and also set the tone with the shootout goal, even when he gets no points he’s alwAys dangerous multiple times a game unlike previous years (last year not included he was good then too)

Our fourth line is impressing me the same way bogosian turned it around at the start of last year

Our goalies are 3-0 and 1-0-1 and we have allowed just 13 goals in 5 games. Florida scores lots of goals I think that wD pretty damn good to keep them to two.

Our defense looks improved despite being injured l, we always have jump even if being outplayed

Love the coaching as it obviously has influence.

B: that tying goal.

I just knew t was going to happen, I turned the channel a couple times because I just heard rjs low toned “they score.”

It seemed like s perfect shot so I don’t know if I can blame Ullmark who again had a very good game.

First game olofsson didn’t score what a bum!

Ugly: Phil housley

4-0-1!

9 of a possible 10 points. Who saw that coming?

Reactions: IlikeEich

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Okposo
Larsson
Scandella
Girgensons
Eichel
Jokiharju
Ullmark

B
Dahlin ;(

Awesome
4 wins
New Eichel Jersey is 1-0

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I wish I could see the future so I can enjoy the present. I just don't know if these guys are good yet. So many of the same guys. They were 1st place until December last year.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Good:

I don’t know how but LOG keeps doing it. Loved that line got a couple goals because they’ve been so impressive. Just grinding teams down.

Jokis stretch pass to Mitts for a break away

Gasping again but I thought Scandella was generally pretty solid

Bad

light crowd (15300). Guess some fans are still skeptical after the last few years

wasn’t a fan of Dahlin tonight

Mitts and Vesey are doing nothing for me a 5v5. This is not an overreaction but Mitts is starting to move the needle the wrong way for me. I’m not full blown panic but I really want to start seeing some better 5v5 play.

bad

The refs were trying blatantly hard to even up the penalties and refused to call a couple obvious ones later in the third

the third period was bad. To give credit to the Panthers I thought they played the period well. Hopefully that experience gives this team a lesson in playing a desperate team

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I wish I could see the future so I can enjoy the present. I just don't know if these guys are good yet. So many of the same guys. They were 1st place until December last year.

Can you only enjoy watching them, even if they are wining, if they are a good team at the end of the season...?

Reactions: Dingo44

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
G: Joker is the Scandella whisperer, last time we saw good Marco was when, Spurgeon?

100%. They seem to be perfectly matched to each other - very good pairing in most situations.

Mind you, I thought 19-55 were onto something epic after 2gms as well, so what the hell do i know lol!

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I thought KO was fantastic. I'm so glad he has found a niche and is helping this team in a positive way.

Dahlin is 19, Joker 20. So much potential but there will be blips and taking it slow with them is only going to help. Joker has been great so far but he might hit a rough patch.

Ullmark was strong. Hoffman shooting from that spot is tough for any keeper. Although Linus was down early, he got up but that was a bomb.

Hopefully Mitts play and OT and shootout can boost his confidence a bit. Would have loved to see him score on the breakaway off the beauty Joker feed.
Ko was great. He looks fit and love the tank turned into mean buffalo hat..love it.. He may be the key to our season if he returns to form lifting with larry and girgs..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad