Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Keep Your Cats Spayed or Neutered

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just a funny thing regarding the whole "we stole 2 points" thing. The PGT in the Panthers' board is titled "play 1 period, get 1 point". The opinion there seems to be we outplayed them for most of the game. I agree the whole sitting on a lead in the third and letting them get back into it is bad and needs to be dealt with, but we were the better team for the majority of the night imo and that opinion seems to be shared by a good number of panthers fans.

I thought the Sabres carried play through the first two periods. They got on the backfoot, not in small part due to that stupid penalty call, late and then into OT.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
G:
- Zemgus - Larry - Okposo
- Scandella and Joker best pair today.
- The first two periods played well and there was pressure on Bob.
- Linus good game.

B:
- Third period
- I don’t like how our lines look except the line LOG.
- Risto and McCabe play too much, it will explode in a month or two and there may be problems.
- Ice time Dahlin, is very upsetting that he plays so little when young defenders get 20+ minutes per night throughout the league. Rasmus is a special player and needs to play more.
- Vesey sucks

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Just a funny thing regarding the whole "we stole 2 points" thing. The PGT in the Panthers' board is titled "play 1 period, get 1 point". The opinion there seems to be we outplayed them for most of the game. I agree the whole sitting on a lead in the third and letting them get back into it is bad and needs to be dealt with, but we were the better team for the majority of the night imo and that opinion seems to be shared by a good number of panthers fans.
Really? All 7 of them? :sarcasm:

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Good:
- Sobotka’s best game so far, he is still dragging down his line offensively though
- Ullmark vs Bobrovski goalie duel
- Eichel
- The other team having to score in the final minute to stay in the game. The Sabres were in that position all last year (another reason why this hot streak is different than last year’s 10 game streak).

Bad:
- Krueger has been overdoing it shortening the bench. It contributed to losing to the Blue Jackets and caused us to give a point to Florida here. These guys are gonna be dead before the second half of the season.
- McCabe having all day to clear the puck and somehow failing to do so.
- Vesey should be in the press box.

Ugly:
- Nada

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Agreed, but I don't think it was sitting on the lead so much as they worked hard the first 2 periods, Krueger started shortening the bench, and they just got gassed. I love Krueger, I think he's had a fantastic effect on the team, I think his decision to go with Mitts at the end was great- but I think he shortened the bench a bit too much and a bit too early on this one. Just got into a downward spiral of just holding on.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Scandella was excellent minus having too much faith in Ulmark on that GA. Just tackle the guy Marco, they don't call those anyways.

McCabe and Risto really sticking out like sore thumbs with Jokiharju and Miller on the team.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
G:
Zemgus - Larry - Okposo
Scandella and Joker best pair today.
The first two periods played well and there was pressure on Bob.
Linus good game.

B:
Third period
I don’t like how our lines look except the line LOG.
Risto and McCabe play too much, it will explode in a month or two and there may be problems.
Ice time Dahlin, is very upsetting that he plays so little when young defenders get 20+ minutes per night throughout the league. Rasmus is a special player and needs to play more.

He has to increase the urgency. I know there were posters on here over the summer that tried to push the narrative that Dahlin is already great defensively but I don't know how they reached that conclusion from last year. He has a ways to go.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Agreed, but I don't think it was sitting on the lead so much as they worked hard the first 2 periods, Krueger started shortening the bench, and they just got gassed. I love Krueger, I think he's had a fantastic effect on the team, I think his decision to go with Mitts at the end was great- but I think he shortened the bench a bit too much and a bit too early on this one. Just got into a downward spiral of just holding on.

That's a good observation , and it's starting to be an interesting trend to watch.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Good:

Beating the Panthers. f***, I hate that team.

Bad:
Losing all momentum and taking our foot of the gas in the third.

Ugly:
Having to face Barkov multiple times a year.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I'm still nervous that this is all a mirage, too many similarities to the streak last year

I was thinking about that a bit earlier.

I during the streak last year they came from behind a lot, this year they've mostly had the lead for a lot of time.

So it feels a bit different, but yeah... ask me after 20. :)

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He has to increase the urgency. I know there were posters on here over the summer that tried to push the narrative that Dahlin is already great defensively but I don't know how they reached that conclusion from last year. He has a ways to go.
The less he plays, the worse he looks, this team will fall off the cliff again if Krueger uses Risto and McCabe for 25 minutes per night. We have one of the best players in the team, as well as the league, but he plays little time, that won't work.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I still don't have an issue with him getting predominantly offensive use right now. He is not yet a good defensive player. He is very good at moving the puck, he's still learning when and where he can take risks in moving it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad