Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Keep Your Cats Spayed or Neutered

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

Wins!!
Some SO magic from Jack and Mitts.
Scandella did some good things with the puck! *Checks for full moon* He saved a goal against and remarkably scored without having to take a windup to said shiny sphere in the sky.
LOG. The had some very good shifts early, nice to see Larry score and nearly score and nearly score.
Vesey on the late PK.
Kyle Okposo's playmaking? Yep.
Joker and Miller with good sticks in the d-zone.
Ullmark in the SO and OT.
Sobotka's hit.
Jack finishing guys after he got nailed.

The Bad:

The final sequence in their own zone where Risto got tripped? The lame-asses "slash" call on Risto late? Come on refs.
Panthers owned the puck late and into the OT.
Mitts line at ES and in regulation.

The Ugly:

Did not like either goal Ullmark gave up.

Last edited:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Ugly finish, but hopefully one they can learn a lesson from while still picking up 2 points. Beating Florida/Bob hasn't been easy for them in years past

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
G:
Better in the defensive zone than Wednesday.
Vesey was a bit more noticeable.
Ullmark played really well.

B:
Every game against the Panthers is a boring slogfest of crap.

U:
Officials were complete trash. Both penalties on Buffalo were completely phantom. Missed the trip right before the tying goal in the 3rd. One of the referees was almost constantly in the play all night. Just go back to the AHL and think about your career choice.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I thought the first two periods were really good and back to how they looked the first two games (they gave up some chances, but florida is a dangerous team). Good on the sabres for fighting against the wall that was Bob. Florida came out strong in the third and the sabres looked gassed and didnt have any answer. Fun game, not sure how some our fans can't even enjoy a team that is 4-0-1

G: Okposo (he has looked great this season)
Larsson
Girgensons
Ullmark
Scandella (best game of season, even without the goal)
Risto (deal with it)
Joker

B: Vesey
the refs

U: nadda

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
G
-Eichel has a complete game now, it's so much fun to watch
-Bob vs Ullmark was a treat to watch
-LOG
-Jokers breakouts

B
-Dahlin getting benched, he almost cost us the game as they fell apart running 5D
-Risto 25:24 TOO MUCH, he was clearly exhausted at the end of the 3rd
-McCabes late game panic clears, you are a vet, do better
-Ralph overdoing the shortening the bench. He sat the Mitts line for the last 14 minutes, it sure looked like everyone's legs were gone with the short shifting. Learning moment.

U
-Refs typically horrible

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
That was a run out of gas, push the car downhill to the gas station win.

You guys hit on the G

B: Have to get a L3 going or there will be more of these.

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
LOG line is fantastic is the main takeaway from tonight.

I thought that was a razor even game (score effects probably tilt the scoring chances to Florida's way)

Dahlin least amount of 5v5 time again among defenceman, he needs to be more reliable in the minutes he gets though I don't blame Krueger

Reactions: Ginger Papa

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Good
Defence is 100 times better than last year
Scandella looks much better
Larsson line

Bad
Dahlin, still needs to learn his limitations and simplify his game
Didn't like the benching of OV for Vesey
got away from the system and scrambled in the third

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
G:
LOG effort paying off
Stayed aggressive for the first 40
Ullmark made the saves he needed to make

B:
Sat on their heels most of the third
Poor play by Linus and Marco on FLs first goal
Chased the puck too much
Couldn't put this away in regulation

U:
Refs in general

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
G:
LOG
Ullmark
Bob (he kept Florida in it, gotta give him props)
There were some nice hit
Both SO goals
Getting to watch the game

B:
Being sick all day which is the only reason I was home to watch it
Melting in the 3rd

U:
Refs
Typical “Debbie Downers” the second something happens or someone they don’t like making a mistake even if other things went well for that player(s)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
G: maybe Jacks best game vs Barkov yet, played with him and helped neutralize him, usually gets caved

Well Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart did get kind of caved in based on scoring chances but I wonder how much of that was in the 3rd period

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
upload_2019-10-11_22-0-38.png

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Just a funny thing regarding the whole "we stole 2 points" thing. The PGT in the Panthers' board is titled "play 1 period, get 1 point". The opinion there seems to be we outplayed them for most of the game. I agree the whole sitting on a lead in the third and letting them get back into it is bad and needs to be dealt with, but we were the better team for the majority of the night imo and that opinion seems to be shared by a good number of panthers fans.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Sabres looked gassed and on their heels in the 3rd, but I'm happy with the win. Much better team in the first two periods

G: Okposo. Dude looks downright good at times, I have no idea what happened but hell yes. Him and Girgensons- idk, I feel like Krueger just gave 'em a pep talk about how they're big fast dudes, use it, and they've refound their skills. Premature take, but I hope it continues.
Larry.
Ullmark looked good outside of the goals :)huh:).
Mitts looked a bit better, putting him out there for OT and shootout proved a good idea. Hopefully helps him gain some confidence.

B: Gave a point to some guys we'll likely be battling.
Dahlin looked reserved.. he came up hurting early in the first away from the play. Wouldn't be shocked if he pulled something? Idk, just the way he was skating..

U: That first goal.

I'm sure there's plenty I'm missing, but they played 2 great periods and put pucks past one of the game's best on a night when he was ON. The Panthers were keyed up and we still tamed 'em for most of the game, I'm happy with that win.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Well Olofsson-Eichel-Reinhart did get kind of caved in based on scoring chances but I wonder how much of that was in the 3rd period
lol well less caved, thought the eye test with jack/barkov matchups were far more even than we're used to

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad