GDT: The Game About Nothing: Senators @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Guess you can say he's "off the Schneid"

giphy.gif

No no no...haven’t you been paying attention. Seinfeld gifs tonight. Surely you can get one for this?

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Before someone tells me to eat crow, I don't think Cory is really back to what he was years ago, but I do think he's probably at least serviceable.

I did say he could have a good run to end the season, which would be a progression to the mean of what he now is as a goaltender. A market correction progression to the mean like Johansson and Wood have experienced, as well as Zacha since he was demoted.

I'm not sure you know what this means, you keep on throwing this out like it's a cool new toy.

What is the mean of Cory's last 100 games before he came back? .901?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hynes pretty clearly telling the media that Santini has to continue being consistent in terms of his physicality and being a hard nosed defender who’s tough to play against.

Did say he liked his game and if Lovejoy goes it’ll certainly open an opportunity for him to play.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
lol Hynes subtly shitting on Santini in the post game. He'll never get consistent ice in this organization. Let him move on.

Still think he can be a solid bottom pairing guy with the right partner and consistent playing time (16 min or so for 40 games would be nice).

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
First Hynes isn't sure of the Wood injury since he hadn't had a chance to speak with the trainers. Then he says a minute later he doesn't believe it's related to the previous injury. Hmmmm.

EDIT: Just saw the crosscheck replay. Probably stiffened up between periods and couldn't come out for the 3rd.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Hynes pretty clearly telling the media that Santini has to continue being consistent in terms of his physicality and being a hard nosed defender who’s tough to play against.

Did say he liked his game and if Lovejoy goes it’ll certainly open an opportunity for him to play.
Then let the f'n guy play consistent minutes and not get scratched repeatedly.

I actually took his non commitment to Santini even if Lovejoy is moved as pretty damning. Especially when he only said good things about everyone else. Kinda weird.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Then let the f'n guy play consistent minutes and not get scratched repeatedly.

I actually took his non commitment to Santini even if Lovejoy is moved as pretty damning. Especially when he only said good things about everyone else. Kinda weird.

I know, he even complimented Gryba. :laugh: Though I'll admit, Gryba has actually been better than I would have thought since he's played.

I do think it'll happen that he'll get a consistent chance to play, but it's clear that they're trying to get it through to him how he has to play.

No wonder he was so amped when he scored. Was probably telling the coaching staff to f*** off. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad