Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Guess you can say he's "off the Schneid"

giphy.gif

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
It really proves how confidence is important in a goaltender, especially one who was unlucky for a string of games and faced numerous injury issues.

It's pretty much statistically impossible that a guy who didn't win for 21 games in a row could follow up and win 3 games in a row with a shutout on top of that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Before someone tells me to eat crow, I don't think Cory is really back to what he was years ago, but I do think he's probably at least serviceable.

I did say he could have a good run to end the season, which would be a progression to the mean of what he now is as a goaltender. A market correction progression to the mean like Johansson and Wood have experienced, as well as Zacha since he was demoted.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
It really proves how confidence is important in a goaltender, especially one who was unlucky for a string of games and faced numerous injury issues.

It's pretty much statistically impossible that a guy who didn't win for 21 games in a row could follow up and win 3 games in a row with a shutout on top of that.

i think the first part is already statistically close to impossible

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
That is why I don't understand people just attempting to boot Schneider away. Just play the guy, it's better to regain the confidence of a goalie that was proven top 5 in the league and hope for him to get much better than to depend on a backup goaltender in Keith Kinkaid.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe Cory should sit out the next game for 'precautionary reasons'.
If Keith plays again in a non-back to back, I'm gonna believe that's why. Especially after what Hynes said the other night.

Cory's save percentage might be above Keith's for the season now, which is pretty sad, considering how good Keith was in October and all those shutouts he had. I really didn't think Cory was gonna see his save percentage go above Keith's for the season.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Are Cory’s stats are better than Kinkaids now? Sv% and GAA? Maybe not GAA.

It kills me how the AHL app can update stats real time while the NHL app doesn’t.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Goals from Santini and Gabriel, a Thursday night win and a Schneids shutout? What kind of twilight zone are we living in?

Reactions: nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad