OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 5)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Gonna try the burger from Loic today...my friend keeps raving about it.
She recommended the Cubano from Olive & Gourmando, was a bit of a let down because there was no pickles and you didn't taste the mustard really. Cubanos are my favorite sandwich so I have high standards, plus it was 20$ for that damn sandwich.
Hopefully this burger won't disappoint as much.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gonna try the burger from Loic today...my friend keeps raving about it.
She recommended the Cubano from Olive & Gourmando, was a bit of a let down because there was no pickles and you didn't taste the mustard really. Cubanos are my favorite sandwich so I have high standards, plus it was 20$ for that damn sandwich.
Hopefully this burger won't disappoint as much.

Last available menu for Loic online has them offering a cheeseburger for $16. At least it comes with fries.

Looking forward to your review.

Reactions: angusyoung

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Last available menu for Loic online has them offering a cheeseburger for $16. At least it comes with fries.

Looking forward to your review.
It was quite good actually. Bread nice and fluffy, not too juicy so that it crumbles after 2 bites, patty a bit thin but all in all quite good. I'd go back for sure.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It was quite good actually. Bread nice and fluffy, not too juicy so that it crumbles after 2 bites, patty a bit thin but all in all quite good. I'd go back for sure.

Thanks, great to know. I wonder how many good spots can be had for takeouts during such uncertain times.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
upload_2020-12-21_9-25-2.jpeg

That's right Bob! the pizza sauce I made is super extra spicy and hot! Lost track of the crushed chili pepper:eek2:Still worked out great though,kind of like it like that.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Cool. And if you preferred burgers, Dilallo's on Sherbrooke, a Buck burger really was a buck.

Different times for sure. Now you need to go to Asia or the Americas south of the US for that kind of stuff.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Depends on location more or less. For the same money,or less, prefer a souvlaki pita or a shish taouk. But TETO.

I love souvlaki pita and shish taouk.

I had a good place but the people working behind the counter are refusing to wear masks. They claim it's too hot to wear in the kitchen.

I'm sympathetic to their plight but this is not a time to not wear a mask, so I've stopped going.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I love souvlaki pita and shish taouk.

I had a good place but the people working behind the counter are refusing to wear masks. They claim it's too hot to wear in the kitchen.

I'm sympathetic to their plight but this is not a time to not wear a mask, so I've stopped going.

I don't get that it increases the heat all that much. Never understood why more ''kitchens'' don't have better or stronger AC.Yes it hot,but look what you're already doing.

I could eat souvlaki and shish taok everyday!simple but hits the spot. Sometimes I get carried away with putting in too much garlic in the tzatziki though.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
So, since I live alone I'm gonna join my parents' "bubble" for Christmas. I have suggested having a Korean BBQ style dinner, with korean short ribs and a bunch of side dishes.

I sent them a menu that I tried to simplify (since they would not understand anything) using side dishes idea I found on the internet, including some non korean ones because they told me they were not a fan of gochujang and doenjang when I asked them to taste them - though I made them taste the pastes like that with nothing, not the best idea.

Either way, this is what I'll have to prepare (with the "x") for that dinner, yippy! Thankfully most things are super quick and easy. We each made 3 choices, so kimchi, tteok and the spinach are mine
7eb28bfa5a.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad