OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 5)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
On the menu tonight, the Economic Crisis Special.

Bullhead and Potatoes. I may add carrots if I'm feeling wealthy.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Had some Greek withdrawal, o_Ono not that one. So went shopping and then commandeered my buds kitchen, figured it was best as it would be risky trying some unknown spot and that could possibly be disappointing. Did some grilled lamb chops with Greek salad, Tzatziki and fries in olive oil, naturally. Picked up some bread but made the Greek baklava and had to get enough ouzo and plenty of rosé wine for everyone, what a feast! Some of the simple things you miss when on the road.

Opa!.jpg

We did some ravioli from scratch, talk about time consuming and we only did 2 types of fillings. Won't do that again as it was good but could probably have just as good out at any random Italian resto.

If you're considering Moe's up north, might be wiser to consider Gibbys, can't go wrong there where as the other place, used to be much better.

Used to be a time not that long ago that you could drop in at any random eatery in the GMA and you'd leave being satisfied if not impressed, time changes I guess. It seems one has to be more selective and informed so as to not get burned. Small sample size but feel like Indian cuisine is the most consistent, never has it been a disappointment and at times left feeling impressed. Lesson learned and will be more the wiser next time.

I should put this in the other thread also,out of town or something? what's on?

Dropped in to another Indian restaurant, this one on the west island, getting close to PET airport and departure, got to be a certain somewhere for the party on the 27th! :party: Home run! Not killer hot and spicy, just super flavorful.:thumbu::thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad