OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 5)

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Interesting result. Can you post another pic so we can see and compare? it's easier to find here. Chow is not something I would have thought of. What's the tongue like?

Here is a link to a video, tongue is pink. Every time I see that nasty scar over his left eye I want to hurt the people who did it to him.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u4xn6m6auTSFqbMA6

50530990458_abb2dafb73_c.jpg

50531709106_b211102a85_c.jpg

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Here is a link to a video, tongue is pink. Every time I see that nasty scar over his left eye I want to hurt the people who did it to him.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u4xn6m6auTSFqbMA6

View attachment 379356

View attachment 379357

Nice looking CJ!Very nasty scar,any idea what happened? Don't really see that he has chow in him, and his disposition seems very friendly. From the others chows I've encountered they all had a rather unfriendly and mean spirited disposition. You seem to be rubbing off on him in a good way and can clearly see that you are a good influence on him. I get him talking to you at 3 am now,even seems to have picked up a rather distinct Swedish accent:)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Nice looking CJ!Very nasty scar,any idea what happened? Don't really see that he has chow in him, and his disposition seems very friendly. From the others chows I've encountered they all had a rather unfriendly and mean spirited disposition. You seem to be rubbing off on him in a good way and can clearly see that you are a good influence on him. I get him talking to you at 3 am now,even seems to have picked up a rather distinct Swedish accent:)

I have my theories since I saw how he reacted when we met a friendly neighbor who wanted to say hello to him, the neighbor had a rake in his hand, the type of rake with serious iron pegs and not one of the flimsy leaf (like the hockey team :laugh:) rakes but with hard spikes. When Jack saw it he panicked and tried to get away as far as possible so the neighbor put it away and Jack became calm. That leads me to believe that he has been beaten because he was not aggressive enough, the other option I can think of is that he was hit by a car and survived as a stray with the scars healing without any vet care. It's clear that the nasty scare above his left eye has not been stitched by a vet. He has several other nasty scars in his face that are more like dark lines. He has also many scars on his legs and elbows that look like he was dragged on asphalt, they are basically large but not deep scars where there are no fur growing any longer. That was why my second theory was that he was run over. Finally he has at least 4-5 teeth knocked out as well, the tiny teeth between the canines on the lower jaw, there are only 2 teeth left there and one is also missing in the upper jaw. It might be a bit of both, according to his foster mom who has 7 rescue pits she thinks he was both abused and then ran off and lived on the streets. He refused to eat when he was caught and was only 3 days from being euthanized. Some good news, he barked for the first time since I got him the other day. That must surely mean that he feels more and more comfortable living with me knowing that I will not hurt him if he barks.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I have my theories since I saw how he reacted when we met a friendly neighbor who wanted to say hello to him, the neighbor had a rake in his hand, the type of rake with serious iron pegs and not one of the flimsy leaf (like the hockey team :laugh:) rakes but with hard spikes. When Jack saw it he panicked and tried to get away as far as possible so the neighbor put it away and Jack became calm. That leads me to believe that he has been beaten because he was not aggressive enough, the other option I can think of is that he was hit by a car and survived as a stray with the scars healing without any vet care. It's clear that the nasty scare above his left eye has not been stitched by a vet. He has several other nasty scars in his face that are more like dark lines. He has also many scars on his legs and elbows that look like he was dragged on asphalt, they are basically large but not deep scars where there are no fur growing any longer. That was why my second theory was that he was run over. Finally he has at least 4-5 teeth knocked out as well, the tiny teeth between the canines on the lower jaw, there are only 2 teeth left there and one is also missing in the upper jaw. It might be a bit of both, according to his foster mom who has 7 rescue pits she thinks he was both abused and then ran off and lived on the streets. He refused to eat when he was caught and was only 3 days from being euthanized. Some good news, he barked for the first time since I got him the other day. That must surely mean that he feels more and more comfortable living with me knowing that I will not hurt him if he barks.

Sounds plausible. Poor dog really had it rough,glad he's in good hands now.:thumbu:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yes! a very lovely part of the good old USA,fraught with slums and crime! We were having breakfast at a Denny's, early 80's and noticed a car driving away and though that it looked just like ours,it was.:mad:

Familiarity breeds contempt. :laugh:

So sorry that happened to you. The armpit of America was true to its then reputation.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sounds plausible. Poor dog really had it rough,glad he's in good hands now.:thumbu:

Per should seriously consider running an animal shelter. The guy is caring beyond belief. Per helps make up for some jerks out there who don’t treat animals right.

Keep up the great passion, Per. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Of course it was very,very inconvenient but at least it was not a run of the mill carjacking where injury or death may have occurred which is just way too common in the States.

Thank God no confrontations ensued. Too many of these guys carry. Lose the car, not an eye.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's the States,you never know when you end up in a bad neighborhood. You don't hear that about Canada.

My wife’s employer sent her and colleagues to a sister office in Plano, Texas. Two of her colleagues were headed to their living quarters when they were attacked.

The next day, as my wife was getting ready to go to the office, she put on the news and they said that two employees from her office had been killed.

Another employee from the same company, a Swede, had also traveled to the same Plano office the year before. The employee decided to visit downtown Dallas, took a wrong turn and ended up in a bad neighborhood. And was killed.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
My wife’s employer sent her and colleagues to a sister office in Plano, Texas. Two of her colleagues were headed to their living quarters when they were attacked.

The next day, as my wife was getting ready to go to the office, she put on the news and they said that two employees from her office had been killed.

Another employee from the same company, a Swede, had also traveled to the same Plano office the year before. The employee decided to visit downtown Dallas, took a wrong turn and ended up in a bad neighborhood. And was killed.

That is terrible,sorry to hear this. You just never know what can happen when and where. Take all the caution possible and still..... In the States they say guns don't kill people,people kill people,ya with guns mostly, get rid of all the guns!Do regular citizens really need an AK?let alone a handgun.

Reactions: Runner77 and peate

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
When I was young, my brother's friend got stabbed for his wallet in the cycle path in our neighborhood which was a middle class one.

Was his friend alright? Crime is a global thing,not exempt anywhere,just some places are worse than others. Canada is doing alright overall though in comparison to other nations where it's much more prevalent. I keep an eye on South African and the 3 largest cities,Jo-burg,Durban and Capetown,all similar population to Montreal,more or less,and they are encroaching on 3,000 murders!!! each per yer,Montreal? 30-50? As bad as that sounds for SA, Latin America is much,much worse.

Reactions: Runner77

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Was his friend alright? Crime is a global thing,not exempt anywhere,just some places are worse than others. Canada is doing alright overall though in comparison to other nations where it's much more prevalent. I keep an eye on South African and the 3 largest cities,Jo-burg,Durban and Capetown,all similar population to Montreal,more or less,and they are encroaching on 3,000 murders!!! each per yer,Montreal? 30-50? As bad as that sounds for SA, Latin America is much,much worse.

I believe he ended up fine. I agree there are far more dangerous places than Canada. You never know was my point. Anyway, we're getting pretty far from food talk. :laugh:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That is terrible,sorry to hear this. You just never know what can happen when and where. Take all the caution possible and still..... In the States they say guns don't kill people,people kill people,ya with guns mostly, get rid of all the guns!Do regular citizens really need an AK?let alone a handgun.
I agree 100% with you, but the people in the NRA are nutjobs and control half the Nation, like all the other extremists.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad