OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 5)

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It only says Grade A Maple Syrup, Made in Canada. But I always assume all edible stuff from Canada comes from Québec.

The people from the maritime s would like a word with you:)

upload_2020-12-25_14-54-32.jpeg upload_2020-12-25_14-54-47.jpeg

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Does it look the same as the garlic we know? why is it endangered though? can plants be going extinct as well? Don't know if I'd eat that wild garlic,but that sugar bush sounds pretty good.
The bulbs are small and it takes a long time to grow and people tend to overpick it.
There are laws protecting it. It's much milder but delicious.
Are you lacking something? :laugh:

Reactions: angusyoung

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Un-opened it has an unlimited shelf life. Quebec has tons of the stuff in a syrup Fort Knox.
The bottle I sent isn't glass nor vacuum sealed. It was a souvenir I got from the shack.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Got it!
I'll allow my imagination to interpenetrate the gesture befitting it's symbolism.
She's a very successful lawyer down in MO. She would not understand, nor appreciate, a gift sent to her of a material value.

I had to improvise and get her something I loved myself.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
She's a very successful lawyer down in MO. She would not understand, nor appreciate, a gift sent to her of a material value.

I had to improvise and get her something I loved myself.

Not all that often I hear people remain in contact after the demise,but never a bad thing knowing many lawyers. Missouri is a very lovely State,they even have a Montreal there.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So sad!:( Didn't think garlic would be such a big deal,it's a plant that can grow anywhere. Got to admit my botany could be honed more,but I do have more than enough resources that educate for the purposes that is needed.

I believe that this kind of garlic is more finicky as far as its growing conditions/habitat.

For plants it's usually destruction of habitat and/or over harvesting.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It is the best blended Scotch in the world IMO.

It drinks like water almost.

I wanted to show my appreciation for the person that brought the JW blue,so I had some goodies and went and picked up the blue, WTF? had no idea it cost so much. It's good,but I'm not a scotch drinker and don't appreciate it as much as someone who does,I certainly wouldn't buy it for myself.Just have a hard time justifying the cost of something like that.Same thing with wine,can pay a lot for a bottle,but have had better than some of those that cost a fortune. I paid 125 to play Pebble beach way back,and now it's 5o0 and would never pay that much for any round of golf,an entry fee sure,but not a recreational round anyways.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I believe that this kind of garlic is more finicky as far as its growing conditions/habitat.

For plants it's usually destruction of habitat and/or over harvesting.

Of course it's a sad plight with the loss of habitat,but at least they must be able to find a way to harvest plant life. The ramifications of loss of habitat are monumental to say the least and impact the wildlife detrimentally. On top of that you have poachers and hunters brutally slaughtering criticality endangered species to the brink of extinction for.......fun!:mad::rant:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Apparently an absinthe sour is a thing. I've had this bottle forever, and rarely use it for anything more than a spritz or wash of a glass. Not bad, but not sure I'd make it again.

1 oz absinthe
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz 2:1 simple syrup

t3oUMgW.png

Reactions: cphabs and Treb

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Been trying out this new stand mixer and have ''experimented '' a bit. Made a Tequila lemon meringue pie,but with with limes and was even better than anticipated. The new tool works like a charm with pizza dough and everything that I've thrown at it.:thumbu::thumbu:

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Apparently an absinthe sour is a thing. I've had this bottle forever, and rarely use it for anything more than a spritz or wash of a glass. Not bad, but not sure I'd make it again.

1 oz absinthe
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz 2:1 simple syrup

t3oUMgW.png

Maybe just with water and ice would be better? just from anise flavor of spirits,can't think anything really mixes well with it.Drink my share of ouzo and can't see it mixing well with anything aside from water and ice or just plain neat.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A friend from Tucson sent me this link and was wondering why they never had any of these foods while staying with me since it's pretty much my neck of the woods. Might have to try the pork recipe at some point,never heard of it actually and the soup is a winter dish so that explains why they didn't have it. Will check out the local bakery's for the pie though,sounds pretty good if you like black olives.

My Greek Table with Diane Kochilas | Season 3 | Episode 307: A MEAL IN MESSINIA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad