OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Should be spaghetti but might be another type

Which one does it most closely resemble?

ae32750b6af2a9872899e21eee354f2c.jpg
?

Reactions: groovejuice

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Fish/Seafood, "cooked" (this isn't the right word) in some kind of acid (mostly lemon/lime juice) along with onions, a pinch of spices and some kind of heat (typically Serrano Pepper).
"Cooking" can be loosely used in this case. By submerging fish/seafood in acid you're causing exactly the same denaturation of its proteins as you would when heating it up. But you also gain the advantage of not losing any moisture with acid "cooking".

One important distinction here is that heating up your seafood will also kill off any micro organisms present. This is why you must make sure your source protein is as fresh as possible when preparing a ceviche.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It works fine like that,cook it properly of course. Best is to just get a rice cooker,they have marks for the amounts for portioning.

I have never had any problem with cooking rice to be honest as long as the rice itself is good quality.

Yes. After rinsing and draining in 3 changes of fresh water. Perfect rice every time.

That's one thing I don't do often. There was one bag of rice that I really had to rinse though. I often found larvae inside or eggs. It felt a bit disgusting

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I have never had any problem with cooking rice to be honest as long as the rice itself is good quality.

That's one thing I don't do often. There was one bag of rice that I really had to rinse though. I often found larvae inside or eggs. It felt a bit disgusting

That'll quash your appetite in a hurry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce