OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
My buddies have been bugging me to get a general grilling/cooking spice called Everglades... I finally broke down and got some. FANTASTIC spice for us novice cookers. Have used it on chicken and pork so far as either a rub or general seasoning. Check it out! I have no part in the products success, but this stuff is awesome for what I can do in the kitchen! Be good my friends! It’s getting dicey on the main boards. LMAO

Reactions: Holystik

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
My buddies have been bugging me to get a general grilling/cooking spice called Everglades... I finally broke down and got some. FANTASTIC spice for us novice cookers. Have used it on chicken and pork so far as either a rub or general seasoning. Check it out! I have no part in the products success, but this stuff is awesome for what I can do in the kitchen! Be good my friends! It’s getting dicey on the main boards. LMAO

Some people may get angry, it has MSG :laugh:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
upload_2020-10-16_11-54-29.jpeg

A bit late but what can you do. Non traditional style but still had some sausage, 'kruat,other goodies and the killer schnapps and way too much beer.:partytime:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Went to my cheese shop looking for some of that 6 year old Quebec cheddar. Stuff is incredible. The owner mentioned that he is expecting a 10 year aged cheddar from Quebec and if I would be willing to signup for some before it sells out. I did! Keep in mind that I know nothing about cheese other than my pallet. Just a regular person in regards to cheese. Incredible shop. Owner knew I was a Canadian’s fan when I started buying cheese from Quebec.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Went to my cheese shop looking for some of that 6 year old Quebec cheddar. Stuff is incredible. The owner mentioned that he is expecting a 10 year aged cheddar from Quebec and if I would be willing to signup for some before it sells out. I did! Keep in mind that I know nothing about cheese other than my pallet. Just a regular person in regards to cheese. Incredible shop. Owner knew I was a Canadian’s fan when I started buying cheese from Quebec.

Quebec has some pretty decent cheese for sure. One downside from moving to my new place is that there are no cheese shop at a walking distance. At my old place, I could do a round trip under 3km to go to the cheese place, the bakery and the alcohol place.

Cheese on baguettes with some porto. Yum.

I'm weird though, so I was adding some hot sauce as well: Dangerous Dragon

Reactions: cphabs

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Random question: anyone know of some beers that come in brown, pop-off (not twist-off) bottles? Either something cheap, or something good. Available easily in Montreal. I need about 30 bottles for my next homebrew in 6ish weeks.

Last edited:

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Random question: anyone know of some beers that come in brown, pop-off (not twist-off) bottles? Either something cheap, or something good. Available easily in Montreal. I need about 30 bottles for my next homebrew in 6ish weeks.

Why brown and not green? Grolsch has both but maybe not where you are.

upload_2020-10-21_8-57-30.jpeg

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

Leffe, Moretti, Ichnusa come to mind.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Brown bottles are preferable to green. They filter out more light, and for a homebrew it makes a difference since the beer is a bit more sensitive.

Got it! learn something new everyday. Good luck! Have no insight into making home brew,just give a hand to a friend that does wine and get a barrel out of it.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Quebec has some pretty decent cheese for sure. One downside from moving to my new place is that there are no cheese shop at a walking distance. At my old place, I could do a round trip under 3km to go to the cheese place, the bakery and the alcohol place.

Cheese on baguettes with some porto. Yum.

I'm weird though, so I was adding some hot sauce as well: Dangerous Dragon
You can order online! Not being sarcastic either! I know nothing about cheese other than my pallet. I’ve said this before.
My cheese shop asked me if I would like to sign up for a chunk of 10 year old aged Quebec cheddar before it sells out. Why? The owner new I was a Montreal Canadien’s fan.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad