OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Anyone fall for this?

Saw some reviews from Twitter users. One of them said that he prefers Wendy's chicken.

I trust this guy and he says (the spicy version at least) better than Chick-fil-a, Wendy's and Burger King, but you can get better in non-fast-food restaurants (and probably at home).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I trust this guy and he says (the spicy version at least) better than Chick-fil-a, Wendy's and Burger King, but you can get better in non-fast-food restaurants (and probably at home).

Yeah, this guy is really good. He makes great observations and takes his time doing it. I think I'd trust his opinion.

Might as well make my own at home.

What's a good recipe? Can't be that difficult.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, this guy is really good. He makes great observations and takes his time doing it. I think I'd trust his opinion.

Might as well make my own at home.

What's a good recipe? Can't be that difficult.

Never took the time to make one of his recipes, but they look good:

Reactions: Runner77

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Historic company, it is also very good on ice cream and fruit salads. I have a memory of my father putting maraschino in its espresso!
I don't really want sweet coffee, but I could see how it wouldn't be bad.

I keep the empty jars to use the syrup in drinks on occasion.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Happy Negroni week!

K7imdFY.jpg

It's a very good cocktail. I'm a huge fan of campari.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Have you had a Boulevardier then? Same cocktail but swap the gin for bourbon. I might like it even more.

No I haven't. Sounds intriguing though. I remember years ago creating a sauce for grilled salmon from blood orange, a hint of campari, fennel seed, white wine and butter. It was quite extraordinary.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
No I haven't. Sounds intriguing though. I remember years ago creating a sauce for grilled salmon from blood orange, a hint of campari, fennel seed, white wine and butter. It was quite extraordinary.
That sounds like it'd be nice! Do you happen to remember (or have an idea) of the recipe? I'd love to make that!

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That sounds like it'd be nice! Do you happen to remember (or have an idea) of the recipe? I'd love to make that!

It was several years ago so I can't recall exact proportions but I juiced the blood oranges, used the Campari to taste (maybe a 1/2 ounce added in increments and taste) pulverized the fennel in a grinder (1 tsp perhaps and don't add all of it at once) and probably 4 oz. of white wine which needs to be reduced first. Once the sauce is done, and it's fast after the wine is reduced, monte the hard butter off the heat. You could zest the blood orange before cutting it and add the zest at the last minute as well as a squeeze of lemon if necessary.

You could consider using a tiny touch of saffron instead of the fennel.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
It was several years ago so I can't recall exact proportions but I juiced the blood oranges, used the Campari to taste (maybe a 1/2 ounce added in increments and taste) pulverized the fennel in a grinder (1 tsp perhaps and don't add all of it at once) and probably 4 oz. of white wine which needs to be reduced first. Once the sauce is done, and it's fast after the wine is reduced, monte the hard butter off the heat. You could zest the blood orange before cutting it and add the zest at the last minute as well as a squeeze of lemon if necessary.

You could consider using a tiny touch of saffron instead of the fennel.
I assume you mean fennel seed and not fresh fennel if you're talking about pulverizing a tsp of it?

But thanks! I'll have to pick up some salmon next time I'm out.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Watching some Hell's Kitchen. They are making food for a girl Sweet 16. The girl never tasted shrimp before! :whaaa?: She's 16!!

Her mom was a bossy mom who probably never cooked in her life. Even then, make your nanny/chef cook some shrimps wtf :banghead:

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->