OT: The Food & Drinks Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
So you saying you prefer eating live animals? so Korean of you:)

5f4a290df711a66cc4c982d4fe20cb31.gif
Not the easiest thing to eat. Those are sticking to your teeth.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Fresh is good! Of course the squid is dead, but the wriggling is off-putting to most people. Still, oysters are eaten alive and there's not nearly the revulsion with that.

Have eaten many things but not sure I'm up to that. Oysters, no problem,but never seen them move like those guys,and have seen a few women with less life than them too:eek:

Reactions: groovejuice

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Fresh is good! Of course the squid is dead, but the wriggling is off-putting to most people. Still, oysters are eaten alive and there's not nearly the revulsion with that.
Am a Seafarer, or at least was. Lmao! I’d pass on the wiggles... but if hungry enough? They are going down the hatch! Fresh oysters? Good Lord! We’d eat them raw when we could find them. Funny, how being on or close to the sea/ocean changes the pallet. Hope all of you are doing great!

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Made what I thought was Greek baklava which incurred a rather heated debate.Made it with walnuts only and was scolded that it must be a blend of nuts.Have made it with a blend and only walnuts in the past and do not see a huge difference,all was great!

Think there will be some good fresh beef steaks coming soon as the other morning was awoken by the sound of a cow mooing. Looked for it but didn't see any,sounds can travel very far sometimes. I had kept the bedroom doors that lead to the terraces open just keeping the screen-doors and shutters closed. Went for a run and a swim and saw my friends when back and they thought they heard the mooing also,got to investigate to see whats going on,we can't all be going crazy!:)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
This looks really nice.

Shortrib, kimchi, obviously rice, but what's at the top? What are the sauces?
Seaweed salad. Sauce is nothing fancy... mayo made using rice vinegar and sesame oil, and mixed with gochujang. The smaller translucent droplets are some of the seawood vinaigrettes that was left. I let you guess why there's a big splash besides it!!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Seaweed salad. Sauce is nothing fancy... mayo made using rice vinegar and sesame oil, and mixed with gochujang. The smaller translucent droplets are some of the seawood vinaigrettes that was left. I let you guess why there's a big splash besides it!!

Dang, I was mistaken on the green stuff :ha:

Looking at it again, there's a clear lack of stems for it to be spinach.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Never thought of making mayo with sesame oil, but that sounds delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad