The Fire Everyone Thread

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The only way keeping Tocchet and Chayka is palatable is if they are in agreement that the roster itself is f***ed due to being very soft and lazy.

I've seen zero evidence that Tocchet is a coach capable of growth. He routinely gets his ass handed to him matchups wise, has little to no ability to adjust to the opposition, and has already demonstrated an alarming degree of preferential treatment towards players that, on merit, have not earned it.

I see nothing redeeming about Tocchet. I see no upside. I see a mountain of upside in changing a coach to someone better, which wouldn't be hard to do.

I see redeeming qualities in Chayka and his thought process. I can understand not firing Tocchet in January, even if I don't like it. The Hall trade was a stroke of brilliance and only went sideways due to poor team performance (coaching again). Chayka basically set the table for Tocchet to make the playoffs twice over and he failed miserably. Losing Kuemper had nothing to do with it, sadly.

If Chayka is unwilling to 'undo' Stepan, Kessel, Tocchet, and probably Goligoski, then he should be let go with Tocchet. Another season of trying to run with this group will be disastrous and I won't even bother to watch. They showed what they're (not) made of.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The only way keeping Tocchet and Chayka is palatable is if they are in agreement that the roster itself is f***ed due to being very soft and lazy.

I've seen zero evidence that Tocchet is a coach capable of growth. He routinely gets his ass handed to him matchups wise, has little to no ability to adjust to the opposition, and has already demonstrated an alarming degree of preferential treatment towards players that, on merit, have not earned it.

I see nothing redeeming about Tocchet. I see no upside. I see a mountain of upside in changing a coach to someone better, which wouldn't be hard to do.

I see redeeming qualities in Chayka and his thought process. I can understand not firing Tocchet in January, even if I don't like it. The Hall trade was a stroke of brilliance and only went sideways due to poor team performance (coaching again). Chayka basically set the table for Tocchet to make the playoffs twice over and he failed miserably. Losing Kuemper had nothing to do with it, sadly.

If Chayka is unwilling to 'undo' Stepan, Kessel, Tocchet, and probably Goligoski, then he should be let go with Tocchet. Another season of trying to run with this group will be disastrous and I won't even bother to watch. They showed what they're (not) made of.
Great post. More level headed than mine, but not naive.

rt

May 13, 2004
What I'm saying is that your acknowledging the players are not a rag tag bunch fly's in the face of your laundry list of players that you want gone.
If you fire the entire coaching staff, you may not need to make the kinds of trades I continually propose to clean the entire room out. I personally don’t think it would be bad to do both. :)

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Simmons in Toronto has a rumor thatvAZ bringing in Chirelli above Chayka.
Just came here to post it. Here's the quote, I will hang up now and anxiously await rt's rant!!!!!!

" An old rumour now circulating again: Are the Arizona Coyotes considering bringing in Peter Chiarelli in a senior position above GM John Chayka?"

rt

May 13, 2004
Just came here to post it. Here's the quote, I will hang up now and anxiously await rt's rant!!!!!!

" An old rumour now circulating again: Are the Arizona Coyotes considering bringing in Peter Chiarelli in a senior position above GM John Chayka?"
1) I don’t believe it at all
2) I’m more excited to listen to Craig Morgan completely walk back all of the things he’s said about Chiarelli and at lightning speed. Just immediately pretend he never said any of it and throw his full support behind the brilliant move.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
1) I don’t believe it at all
2) I’m more excited to listen to Craig Morgan completely walk back all of the things he’s said about Chiarelli and at lightning speed. Just immediately pretend he never said any of it and throw his full support behind the brilliant move.
Who is this?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm catching up on Natty Hatty's and apparently in 2010 it came down to Tippett and Laviolette for the head coaching job.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wouldn't trust Chia to work a station in a Wendy's franchise. It doesn't even make sense to bring in a guy that failed harder with more resources. He clearly wasn't the secret sauce in Boston either.

Dean Lombardi is just a phantom on the Flyers payroll, hire him. Chayka needs a consigliere, not a babysitter.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Regarding the deal for Hinostroza and Oesterle - did we lose that deal?

Chicago traded us two players whom we were taking the chance on to be potential long-term guys. Basically, we took Garland, Hinostroza, and Oesterle and sought to find out if all three could be dependable NHL players. Garland is. I think Hinostroza will be no better and no worse than Entwistle in the long run. Oesterle is also capable. The problem that I see with Oesterle and Hinostroza is that they need a specific type of player or vote of confidence to get going. So, that is part of the issue, but I could see them each carving out somewhere between 200-600 more games each in their career. That's 7-10 more seasons including some injuries and missed time, tops. Don't know if there is much else beyond that for those two players. But if we can get a total of 4-6 seasons out of them, that might very well be just as much as what Entwistle gets for his career.

We also gave up Kruger, who did not fit long-term with Arizona, Jordan Maletta, and a 5th round pick. I think that is actually a fairly even deal there, as I think Entwistle will have a career that is similar to Hinostroza. I think Entwistle may play longer because he has some size, but it will also take a little further for him to get to the NHL.

What throws it in the Coyotes favor is that Chicago gave us their 3rd round pick in the 2019 draft. That pick was #74 and we traded back to receive #98, 151, and 207 from Pittsburgh in a deal on draft day. Pitt moved up to take Nathan Legare, who IIRC, had some potential in the early 2nd round and possibly late 1st. So, logic alone says that there is additional value that we got in that pick alone. the trade back netted us:

#98: Mattias Maccelli
#151: Aku Raty
#207: Valentin Nussbaumer

Agree or disagree:

1. there is a chance all 3 contribute at the NHL level. That would take a lot out of Nussbaumer, but he is actually someone who was talked about much, much earlier than the 7th round, so there is still something there

2. Maccelli is likely to be in the NHL before Entwistle

3. Maccelli is likely to have a bigger impact than Entwistle at the NHL level

I think all 3 of those players more than skew the trade in our favor, although they still have not produced in the NHL yet. Taking on Hossa's contract is pretty negligible, although depending on the cap situation from an unprecedented stoppage, there could be ramifications.

I agree with every other analysis of trades. Only other question I have is how much the ability or inability to sign Domi long-term affected a deal.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If I thought there was any truth to it, I’d be posting a bunch of stupid shit with lots of curse words and stuff. But I don’t buy it. So nothing to be mad at.
Where there is smoke there is fire. I hope you are right.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Simmons in Toronto has a rumor thatvAZ bringing in Chirelli above Chayka.
If that's the case you can forget Hall signing here. If that happens, that will be the final straw for me. I truly believe we need someone in that position though.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If that's the case you can forget Hall signing here. If that happens, that will be the final straw for me. I truly believe we need someone in that position though.
I would not be happy. He would likely push for his guy Keith Gretzky to be back in the fold and he is about as responsible as anyone for our half decade of absolute incompetence at the draft table.

I would love to see Burke as part of this organization. At this point I even think Gillis would be better than Chirelli.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
IMO you bring someone in above Chayka you might as well just fire Chayka. I thought it would have been an okay idea to have that VP of whatever over him in rank way back when we first cut Tip loose because Chayka was green, but I don't think that's an issue now. It would just be a different GM but with a higher ranking title. I don't see Chayka being happy under that arrangement after running the show for 2 years either.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
IMO you bring someone in above Chayka you might as well just fire Chayka. I thought it would have been an okay idea to have that VP of whatever over him in rank way back when we first cut Tip loose because Chayka was green, but I don't think that's an issue now. It would just be a different GM but with a higher ranking title. I don't see Chayka being happy under that arrangement after running the show for 2 years either.

They just gave him an extension. Maybe they just look for some damage control or to get him to quit so they don't have to pay him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

They just gave him an extension. Maybe they just look for some damage control or to get him to quit so they don't have to pay him.
I think Chayka would welcome the extra help and experience. He has his pro's, but also has faults, and if they can find someone who can help and work with him I don't think he would object. If he feels threatened then he has no confidence in himself and should quit. In terms of a GM, Chayka is still wet behind the ears.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I would not be happy. He would likely push for his guy Keith Gretzky to be back in the fold and he is about as responsible as anyone for our half decade of absolute incompetence at the draft table.

I would love to see Burke as part of this organization. At this point I even think Gillis would be better than Chirelli.
You think Burke is too old fashioned for this organization? I think he could be very good.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If you need a person to oversee Chayka and hockey operations things are worse than we already imagine they are.
No, I don't think so. The Yotes front office is very weak of hockey knowledgeable people. Chayka is wearing too many hats as it is, with little experience.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad