Confirmed with Link: The entire league lacks pride; also are cowards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Great move by the league, Bettman coming thru in the draft and now this. Stick to hockey, leave politics to CNN and your sexuality at home, no one needs to know who you are attracted to at a hockey game, we go to the games or turn on the TV to watch the Hawks, I purchase Gamenter live to skip over all that and so would you if you knew how. Why would anyone be mad about this move?

It's not a political issue. It's a basic human rights issue. :facepalm:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's too bad that the NHL threw the baby out with the bath water. I liked paying homage to the men and women that died for our continent. I think everyone can agree with that.
What if you don't support the constant wars, or fighting fights that aren't ours? Then you don't want to wear the jersey and now everyone labels you as not supporting the troops. It's the same shit as the LGB crap. You can not support the organization itself, (Most organizations are led by scummy people) but you can support the people that label themselves as such. I have close friends that are gay/les and they hate the LGBQT organization and most of the stuff they try to push. I listen to them, but still support who they are as people, I just won't be waving the flag or changing my avatar to a rainbow to show it. I show them my support by being a good person to them, and that's all that you should have to do.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
No, I don't think everyone can agree with that. The bolded is completely hypocritical. You say you don't want to watch anything political, but then say you like paying homage to the military. Then you go on to say that not everyone supports pride stuff as some sort of justification for your stance. Do you think everyone supports the US military?

Nobody is forcing the players to do anything, they can choose not to wear the jerseys and make a stand. Likewise, media and others can choose to call out those players for the bigots they are.

I don't consider WW1 and WW2 a political or social issue. Basic human freedom is the right of every person on the planet.

So to take a few minutes in remembrance before a sporting event every now and then is fine by me.

The bolded is the textbook definition of bigotry. "in particular prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group"

Some players didn't support the lgbtq jerseys all the while allowing the lgbtq persons the right to be who they are and they caught hell for it.

Reactions: Pertti

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Man the whole russian thing is a bullshit excuse. Do they really think anyone believes they care about the safety of their players after the whole Kyle Beach fiasco?
First off, I agree it is a chickenshit move by the Hawks org but don't be so daft. The Russian players are legitimately scared ... not as much for themselves but for their families back in Russia. They essentially live in a prison over there led by a ruthless dictator. The danger is real and of course the org cares.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
It's not a political issue. It's a basic human rights issue. :facepalm:
What human rights issue? Gay people have all the rights last time I checked. Are there any laws giving gays less rights? Do you just parrot things without thinking? I live in Canada and gays are treated and have rights like anyone else, and I cross to Michigan/Chicago often and same thing there gays enjoy the same freedoms you and I do. Some people don’t agree with it, it’s not about rights, it’s about bringing your children to games and them asking what is a gay person, I don’t want my children thinking or asking about that, I want them to watch a hockey game have fun and leave. It is political if you stop parroting things and think about it for a second.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
What human rights issue? Gay people have all the rights last time I checked. Are there any laws giving gays less rights? Do you just parrot things without thinking? I live in Canada and gays are treated and have rights like anyone else, and I cross to Michigan/Chicago often and same thing there gays enjoy the same freedoms you and I do. Some people don’t agree with it, it’s not about rights, it’s about bringing your children to games and them asking what is a gay person, I don’t want my children thinking or asking about that, I want them to watch a hockey game have fun and leave. It is political if you stop parroting things and think about it for a second.
Why not? Why does that scare you? Are you scared of gay people and don't want your children to know about them because you think that might make them gay? Or are you just lazy and don't want to tell your children about the world in general?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
First off, I agree it is a chickenshit move by the Hawks org but don't be so daft. The Russian players are legitimately scared ... not as much for themselves but for their families back in Russia. They essentially live in a prison over there led by a ruthless dictator. The danger is real and of course the org cares.
The thing is according to the Richardson and anyone else asked or media looking into it, none of those Russian players were asked about it. The team just decided to make their decision.

We have a regular poster here who cared very much to have these kinda events because it does help them and their friends feel welcomed. But they need to make sure teams are doing something still significant on event nights

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site

Why in the world would you ever worry about your kids asking you about gay people? What if your child was gay, and was confused about the feelings they were having. Don't you think it is a worthwhile thing for them to realize that there are other people out there that feel the same way as them, and that there is nothing wrong with that?

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
What if you don't support the constant wars, or fighting fights that aren't ours? Then you don't want to wear the jersey and now everyone labels you as not supporting the troops. It's the same shit as the LGB crap. You can not support the organization itself, (Most organizations are led by scummy people) but you can support the people that label themselves as such. I have close friends that are gay/les and they hate the LGBQT organization and most of the stuff they try to push. I listen to them, but still support who they are as people, I just won't be waving the flag or changing my avatar to a rainbow to show it. I show them my support by being a good person to them, and that's all that you should have to do.

I supports gays and les......I do not support the alphabet group. You can do both.
What group are you even talking about lol.

Contrary to what you may be seeing on Fox News, there isn’t like a gay cabal pulling the Pride strings or something.

I don't consider WW1 and WW2 a political or social issue. Basic human freedom is the right of every person on the planet.

So to take a few minutes in remembrance before a sporting event every now and then is fine by me.

The bolded is the textbook definition of bigotry. "in particular prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group"

Some players didn't support the lgbtq jerseys all the while allowing the lgbtq persons the right to be who they are and they caught hell for it.
I’m sorry but this is absurd.

First, WW1 and WW2 are, without any shadow of a doubt, political. Like, in LITERALLY every way possible. Ignoring WW1 because I don’t even know how I’d respond to the argument that a war that was almost solely fought based on political alliance is not political, every piece of WW2 is political, from the origin of the war (a political treaty), to the government types of different sides (democracy vs fascism), to the Holocaust (political propaganda and state-sponsored genocide). The argument that any war, let alone these two in particular, are not political or shouldn’t be politicized is just asinine and either shows you have no idea what political means or that you’re incredibly ignorant on the content of ramifications of both events.

In addition, saying that calling someone a bigot is bigoted is showing that you just have a fundamental misunderstanding of the word bigot. Pulling up Merriam-Webster is a cool move and all, but bigotry, as everyone who isn’t using the definition obtusely to try and win an argument, is always in the context of prejudice towards a protected class (race, religion, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, etc). Your reading of bigot would mean that someone saying “I hate neighbors who shoot their guns into other peoples houses and kill their dogs” is a bigot (as they’re prejudice against the group of people who shoot and kill peoples dogs). Saying “I don’t like people for holding a belief or opinion” is very literally not bigotry, but saying “I don’t like people for being part of a protected class” is, under all circumstances, bigotry.

Your post is certainly not the most egregious in here, but your arguments are just absolutely absurd dude.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Ill say it again in this thread. There is nothing to "believe in." These are people just like you and me. Kids aren't these idiots you think they are. If my future kid asks why those two guys are holding hands, its the easiest softball toss question you could get. Kids are taught to hate. The minute you treat that question any different or give some bullshit answer, you're apart of the problem.

"they love each other, just like mom and dad do."

Personally, I am fine with getting rid of all these promotional nights, but the reason they are doing it now is such a cop out. Hate it.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
There are many LGBQT organizations.

I don't watch Fox news, or any news for that matter.
Pride Night (and Pride in general for that matter) isn’t supporting a specific organization, so the fact that there are LGBTQ organizations that exist is irrelevant.

The Blackhawks did partner with some local LGBTQ organizations for the event (but, to reiterate, the Pride Night isn’t in support of any specific organization). I assume you’re referring to one of those, so just out of curiosity, which of these groups do you disagree with/find their leaders scummy? Is it the Chicago Gay Hockey Association? Perhaps the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus? Or is it perhaps the Chicago Sugar Daddy Patisserie?

Would love to hear your thoughts on any of these organizations and why you don’t support them and/or think their leaders are scummy.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Ignorance is bliss. Maybe do some research, and educate yourself, and you wouldn't be so ignorant to the fact that there are still hundreds of laws on the books persecuting the LGBTQ+ community. It's no harder than a quick google search. If Obergefell v Hodges were ever overturned by the Supreme Court in the US(and there's a very real possibility that could happen), there are still 32 states that block gay marriage in their state Constitution and legislation.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pride Night (and Pride in general for that matter) isn’t supporting a specific organization, so the fact that there are LGBTQ organizations that exist is irrelevant.

The Blackhawks did partner with some local LGBTQ organizations for the event (but, to reiterate, the Pride Night isn’t in support of any specific organization). I assume you’re referring to one of those, so just out of curiosity, which of these groups do you disagree with/find their leaders scummy? Is it the Chicago Gay Hockey Association? Perhaps the Chicago Gay Men's Chorus? Or is it perhaps the Chicago Sugar Daddy Patisserie?

Would love to hear your thoughts on any of these organizations and why you don’t support them and/or think their leaders are scummy.

Why do I have to support organizations? I can just support the people in my life who make their own decisions. I don't care to look up any of the organizations you listed because I won't be supporting them anyway. I'll continue to support the people that I know that identify as such, and they know that. That's all that matters to me. I'm not going to sit on my house dressed in a rainbow flying the flag, and they don't expect me to. They mostly think it's all ridiculous themselves.

Reactions: bdphill22

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Why do I have to support organizations? I can just support the people in my life who make their own decisions. I don't care to look up any of the organizations you listed because I won't be supporting them anyway. I'll continue to support the people that I know that identify as such, and they know that. That's all that matters to me. I'm not going to sit on my house dressed in a rainbow flying the flag, and they don't expect me to. They mostly think it's all ridiculous themselves.
You said you don’t like the pride night because you don’t support the organization. I said that pride night isn’t about an organization, it’s about the LGBTQ community. I linked the press release showing that it wasn’t in support of any specific organization.

You also said you think orgs are generally run by scummy people, so I asked which of the mentioned orgs did you think were run by scummy people.

The main point is: Pride Night isn’t about any specific organization, it’s about supporting the LGBTQ community. Being against Pride Night is being against the LGBTQ community, not any of the affiliated orgs (which you ALSO are against for seemingly no other reason than it’s gay people).

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Let’s start with these two:

1. Employment Protections: While many states and local jurisdictions have laws protecting individuals from workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation, not all states have comprehensive protections at the federal level. This means that in certain states, gay individuals may face employment discrimination based on their sexual orientation.
2. Adoption and Parental Rights: Although adoption laws vary by state, some jurisdictions have historically imposed restrictions on same-sex couples seeking to adopt children. While progress has been made in this area, with more states recognizing the rights of LGBTQ+ individuals and couples to adopt, some obstacles and biases may still exist.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

CHGO podcast talked about the appreciation jerseys yesterday around the 40:40 mark. Absolute GGs to the 2 of them. They get it, especially Greg Boysen at the 52:10 mark. He went IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese